If we survive the drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we survive the drop

Are we gonna be any better next term with the players we have ? And what will our aim be to survive again ? We prob need 4 or 5 class additions.

We could do with Brede Hangeland, Progovniak, Ali Ben Habsi and Wes Hoolahan to name a "few".

Our aim should around 10th-12th position. IOW, do a West Brom!
    Last edited by Shania; 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

survial will be the name of the game. we need to bring in at least ten players

Comment

think we would go after a prem experienced keeper, or someone better. dominant centre back. left winger
        CHAMPIONS
        Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

I can't look any further than this season tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Are we gonna be any better next term with the players we have ? And what will our aim be to survive again ? We prob need 4 or 5 class additions.
            Look no further than Norwich and Swansea who have done well on largely their Championship squads, and Wolves and Stoke in seasons gone.

The thing they had and what we lacked is good management, team spirit, stability and a solid infrastructure - that has been the crucial difference.

Only two people to blame for that - BE & FB. Saying that, if it wasn't for the chuckle brothers we'd probably be in League 1 or 2 now and not the prem. If by some miracle we manage to survive this season, maybe all the turmoil will have finally been worth it because for the first time we'll have an entire summer to prepare properly for next season.

Comment

I think our current squad is better than the league position suggests - we should be mid table. If MH can do his job well a couple of quality additions should mean a decent side.

Don't agree that we need 10 players.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Look no further than Norwich and Swansea who have done well on largely their Championship squads, and Wolves and Stoke in seasons gone.

The thing they had and what we lacked is good management, team spirit, stability and a solid infrastructure - that has been the crucial difference.

Only two people to blame for that - BE & FB. Saying that, if it wasn't for the chuckle brothers we'd probably be in League 1 or 2 now and not the prem. If by some miracle we manage to survive this season, maybe all the turmoil will have finally been worth it because for the first time we'll have an entire summer to prepare properly for next season.

Well said!! which have resulted in too many red cards on the field, strangely enough.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

I think the squad as it is now would be fine next season when starting with a level playing field as it were, especially under Hughes. Half the problems lately are down to our own stupidity and the constant pressure of the relegation battle. Starting fresh next season would allow this team and management structure to hit the ground running without always looking over their shoulder.

He will add a few players, we don't need loads but do need some quality in depth for the bench. I think a new keeper will come in (and NW will come in for paddy), another CB and another midfielder.

Comment

i

i think fulham have showed that with good chairman input and stability brought to the infrastructure any club could make it

it wasnt so long ago that they were getting 9000 home gates and now they are getting more than we are so we must look to fulham for a successfull format
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                      i think fulham have showed that with good chairman input and stability brought to the infrastructure any club could make it

it wasnt so long ago that they were getting 9000 home gates and now they are getting more than we are so we must look to fulham for a successfull format
                      who we gonna ask ? Jacko ?

Comment

We need a stable squad, so only 2 or 3 new signings otherwise the squad won't gel and we'll be relegated (if we survive this season) by the time they do.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Sure Hughes will have his targets if we manage to stay up! Important to get a few out the door tbh and then hopefully have a settled pre-season get some sort of squad mentality back again!

Comment

To be honest, after the way we gone about this season, I'd be happy with 17th again next season...

Think we need AT LEAST 5 new players..prob a few more to counter the red card syndrome.

Comment

We will actually have a whole pre season with no uncertainty at board level. I think we will build on staying up if we do so this season. Mid table next season and a few more after that. I'd be happy.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2