Infraction points.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infraction points.....

Now I actually think that this is a good idea, as it shows when users are stepping over the line.

But I think that when points are given then it should be made public.

I have noticed that Factomundo has been banned, but no one knows why. I guess it is because he has reached a certain number of infraction points. If this was made public and the points were linked to a certain post then the system would make sense as it would show members what was and was not seen as allowable on this board.

As it is I am sure some see Facto as a martyr, where as it could have been made clear as to why he was banned.

I hope some will see what I mean...

H
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Not that I am personally arguing against this, but many will, saying that we should respect the people's privacy, not injure their pride, not make them the object of excessive attention, etc.
    My personal opinion is that we should announce bans, and only bans. But again, some will argue against it.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      Not that I am personally arguing against this, but many will, saying that we should respect the people's privacy, not injure their pride, not make them the object of excessive attention, etc.
      My personal opinion is that we should announce bans, and only bans. But again, some will argue against it.
      As a mod on another board I can see where you are coming from. But since you have the points system in place it should not only be a punishment but also a learning tool.

I guess the system is in place to make the board a better place for all users. If so then it should be used to show what is considered wrong to all users. If someone oversteps the mark, then forget his privacy, and show the other users what is considered wrong......
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

ha1963

ha1963 you say you are a mod for a differant message board i say to you that all the messageboards have differant types of posters,if you start showing what people get points for you will have a whole load of football hooligan types trying to outdo each other by clocking up more points,this message board is probabley the best and the dot org or fans net is the second with qpr report being currently in fourth place,but i think qpr report may eventually surpass the other two making it the second best to this one
        there is only two reasons why this message board is the best

MYU..............has more compassion and love in him than any of the other governers,myu in an ideal world would not ban anybody

kerill...........is the best moderator in the universe and sets the standards that others might follow

ive never met factomondo but he is one of these guys that you fall in love with because,i get the impression that he would give any body the last penny in his pocket,i really miss him and hope he does return,but he is threatening to leave us
        so ha1963 this is ofcourse only my opinion and knowbody knows what are the best methods but if this message board can grow and get even better then that is marvelous
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
        X