No announcement yet.

Mark Hughes remains confident QPR will avoid relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Mark Hughes has to get our passing a lot crisper, a lot quicker.
    It seems to take us an absolute age to get the ball into an opponents box.
    Yesterday, I saw on at least three occassions in, what was for Foolham, a timid second half, once the ball was in our half, three quick passes then an effort on goal.
    We need to stop faffing about, and get the ball moving quicker.

Comment

There is no game plan. Every time we get the ball, it's what shall we do with it next? When a player like AT can draw two or three players to him, a quick pass should open the other team right up, and it's not happening. For me, I don't think MH's tactics so far are any better than NW's.

Comment

I'm no fan of defending too deeply, or letting the opposition have as much of the ball as they damn well like.
        Much prefer to see the Rs do as much of their defending as possible, in the opponents half.
        Come to think of it, I cannot recall any QPR side who were ever any good at soaking up pressure, not a single one.

Comment

The problem I see is our passing and holding the ball is woeful.

We give the ball away so easy and we simply cannot even retain possession. The basics is what's letting us down.

Comment

Adding to my message, Alex Fergeson's first message to his players was "pass the ball and retain possession". That is the most basic ingrediant to football. QPR simply cannot do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              The problem I see is our passing and holding the ball is woeful.

We give the ball away so easy and we simply cannot even retain possession. The basics is what's letting us down.
              Yeah, would be lovely if we could string three good, quick, passes together without cheaply giving it away.
              We need to break quicker too, we need options on both flanks at all times, so we can switch play at the drop of a hat.
              Too many times yesterday, we concentrated on the crowded left side of the field, virtually ignoring the masses of space Foolham were willing to allow us on the right, Nedhum was like a spare ***** at a wedding a lot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                Mark Hughes believes QPR will avoid relegation, despite the club having picked up just four points in six games since he took over as manager.

More...
                With our run of fixtures from now till end of season.... Mark Hughes i wish i had your optimism .

Comment

Swp and Barton are the reason why Qpr are losing FACT
                  R's

Comment

Both losing the ball in vital areas of the pitch when we are attacking both can't cross a ball FACT
                    R's

Comment

Both overpaid FACT
                      R's

Comment

SWP missed more sitters than any other QPR player FACT
                        R's

Comment

Both can't tackle FACT
                          R's

Comment

Both most disappointing signings QPR have had FACT
                            R's

Comment

And do they really care NO FACT
                              R's

Comment

hughes may be confident, the fans are not..in fact i'd say he has lost many.
                                personally i think we should have stuck with warnock and wolves with mccarthy, there we go.
                                tony and amit have spent big, paid big AND HAVE BEEN LET DOWN by the players.
                                as for they "care", only for the wages...you'd see em demand contracts paid up if we go into admin, that's how much they'd care. we built a promotion thru guys we knew were qpr or at least cared for us....

Comment

Working...
                                X