Air asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air asia

Malaysian budget airline Air Asia has reported a 56% fall in fourth-quarter profit, hurt by higher fuel costs.

Net profit for the last three months of 2011 fell to 135.7m ringgit ($44.8m; £28.6m) from 311.1m ringgit in the same period a year earlier.

However, revenue for the quarter rose 9.3% to 1.27bn ringgit, thanks to more passengers and higher average fares.

Last month, Air Asia said it was ending its flights to Europe and India because of high fuel prices and weak demand.

For the full year, revenue rose 13% to 4.47bn ringgit, while net profit fell 46.8% to 564.1m ringgit.

Air Asia is run by chief executive Tony Fernandes, who took over English Premier League football club Queens Park Rangers earlier this year

yes

yes but when qpr sell adel for one hundred million pound in 4 years time,the cash will re juverate the air line,but failing that as qpr search for a new striker
    there is talk of the great brian bedford playing the last 15 minutes of the remaining fixtures although brians legs have gone he can still head a ball into the net but he needs good crosses
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Tf tweeted
      Press pernormal not accurate in portrating results. Record earnings for airasia. 880 million. Best results ever. Just foregIn currencey unrealised and deffered tax. Silly accounting rules makes net income less. But this was amazing year for airasia.

Comment

also - from my understanding it's expanded into three or four more flight paths? any company that expands usually has "losses" in the first few reports because they've spent the money to expand but haven't had enough time for people to use the service yet....
        anyway - he, and his company, are still making millions - which is a damn sight more than me and qpr!

Comment

Also they have more flights coming into Brissie and Aus in the upcoming year. Its also mid summer for us so no-one over here is flying off anywhere....I'tll pick up in a few months !

Comment

Working...
          X