In Memory of Neil Graham Roberts: 14th December 1957 ? 19th February 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory of Neil Graham Roberts: 14th December 1957 ? 19th February 2011

We knew that Neil was terminally ill, but it still came as a great shock of course when we heard the news that he had indeed passed away. Although Neil had resided in Kent for many years, Dale Matthews told me that they had both attended Flora Gardens Primary School and he was fairly sure [...]

More...

I can't believe it's been a year already. I didn't know Neil but remembered his posts leading up to his passing and there was something about Neil that stood out as a top bloke. RIP Neil.

Comment

Rest in peace Neil.

Comment

Hi can someone tell me was Neil a milkman in the Bush at some point ?
        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

yes,i`m sure he was.think he worked at the express place in goldhawk rd.

Comment

I posted the story while he was gravely ill last year about my experience with Neil, I think it's fitting that I post it again! Neil helped set up a tour of Loftus Road for the High School Football team I was coaching in Canada! We got great seats for the 1990 FA Cup quarter final at Loftus Road vs Liverpool, we toured LR and he helped set up a friendly for us vs West London Schools! He invited my Father and I up to the Directors lounge for a drink after the match, I still have a picture of David Seaman and us on the elevator! The day we were to tour LR Neil's wife was in labour at the hospital, he still managed to make sure the tour went ahead! He was a great lad! RIP
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
              yes,i`m sure he was.think he worked at the express place in goldhawk rd.
              Cheers, My mate was Neil's 'float boy' when we were teenagers and we went to his house one day for something and his wife gave us both a glass of red wine ( we were only used to drinking cans of cider in the park at the time ) I knocked mine all over the cream carpet . . . . . I nearly wet myself I escaped in one piece but had to hide every time i saw him at a game. RIP
              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
              X