Are poor summer signings to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are poor summer signings to blame?

I know Warnock had limited time in the summer to recruit players, but the vast majority have been flops. Other than Anton (who is inconsistent but probably our best defender) and Luke Young (whose form has dropped lately), every other player has been majorly disappointing. Swansea and Norwich recruited well at probably half the budget, and while we didn't spend much on transfer fees, the wages we are paying must eclipse most teams around us.

We should have looked at hungry young players from the Championship. If it came to a player from the lower leagues who is playing week in week out and doing well, albeit it a lower league, vs a benchwarmer or a past it crock for a Prem team, I'd take the former every time. How is one less of a gamble than the other?

Our problems started when funds weren't made available to Warnock back in June. We should have had a head start on Swansea yet missed out on the likes of Graham and Naughton.

Although some things can't be planned for such as Faurlins injury, I still think we are seeing the knock on effects of a terrible summer of poor planning, backroom turmoil and slow transfer business.

That´s true!!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Working...
    X