Me and my lad's perspective on the Blackburn game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my lad's perspective on the Blackburn game

so, my 6 year old lad harri loved his first game despite us losing, and even got into the singing and boo-ing the blackburn players in the second half.

first half we were poor. lacking in appetite and the game was there for the taking but our torpidity let blackburn take the initiative. buzz was shocking, kenny was awful too and hall also was a disaster. swp was ineffective and barton did a lot of flapping without achieving much. i thought taiwo still looked off the pace although i still have confidence he'll come good, overall we were just looking like a team that hadn't gelled.

i also don't understand the logic of barton taking the corners when buzz is on the pitch.

second half, much better, but unfortunately as with the previous week when Cisse's sending off cost us the game, this time around it was our woeful first half performance which cost us this one.

barton's corners improved second half, and his work rate was pretty good.

the ref must have been sponsored by venkys, he let a couple of textbook cards go unpunished, and i thought he was pretty inconsistent. he also missed a couple of obvious infractions.

adel looked lightweight today, but it is good to see him getting more involved in trying to win the ball back when he has lost it.

so our second half performance, much better. if we had played like that all game we would have bagged the points. mackie obviously displayed his credentials as an impact sub, barton's distribution to swp improved as did swp, but unfortunately he still lacks the confidence to cut outside those left-backs.

traore i thought was struggling to keep on his feet and managed to get away with it a lot.

hall even redeemed himself with a couple of timely tackles, i thought onuoha looked off the pace, man of the match for me was anton ferdinand, and i liked mackie's appreciation of the away fans at the end.

another post on here says we were not unlucky, but i think blackburn had the rub of the green today, a couple of times they were pretty lucky to avoid cards/free kicks given against/goals conceded.

give us ten more minutes and we'd have scrambled a point out of it. there are still plenty of points to play for this season. come on you r's!

duncs
    come on you r's!

All fair-ish points but simple fact is no team can turn in a 45mins like we did in first half and expect to win.

Comment

true. i was amazed we didn't start with the appetite we showed vs wolves. we should have been well and truly up for this one.
      come on you r's!

Comment

Originally posted by sirduncs View Post
        so, my 6 year old lad harri loved his first game despite us losing, and even got into the singing and boo-ing the blackburn players in the second half.

first half we were poor. lacking in appetite and the game was there for the taking but our torpidity let blackburn take the initiative. buzz was shocking, kenny was awful too and hall also was a disaster. swp was ineffective and barton did a lot of flapping without achieving much. i thought taiwo still looked off the pace although i still have confidence he'll come good, overall we were just looking like a team that hadn't gelled.

i also don't understand the logic of barton taking the corners when buzz is on the pitch.

second half, much better, but unfortunately as with the previous week when Cisse's sending off cost us the game, this time around it was our woeful first half performance which cost us this one.

barton's corners improved second half, and his work rate was pretty good.

the ref must have been sponsored by venkys, he let a couple of textbook cards go unpunished, and i thought he was pretty inconsistent. he also missed a couple of obvious infractions.

adel looked lightweight today, but it is good to see him getting more involved in trying to win the ball back when he has lost it.

so our second half performance, much better. if we had played like that all game we would have bagged the points. mackie obviously displayed his credentials as an impact sub, barton's distribution to swp improved as did swp, but unfortunately he still lacks the confidence to cut outside those left-backs.

traore i thought was struggling to keep on his feet and managed to get away with it a lot.

hall even redeemed himself with a couple of timely tackles, i thought onuoha looked off the pace, man of the match for me was anton ferdinand, and i liked mackie's appreciation of the away fans at the end.

another post on here says we were not unlucky, but i think blackburn had the rub of the green today, a couple of times they were pretty lucky to avoid cards/free kicks given against/goals conceded.

give us ten more minutes and we'd have scrambled a point out of it. there are still plenty of points to play for this season. come on you r's!

duncs

For a 6 year old your son has mighty fine knowledge/opinion of the game ;)

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
          All fair-ish points but simple fact is no team can turn in a 45mins like we did in first half and expect to win.

MH is going to have to get that shower performing for most of the 90mins, rather than just a fraction of the game. If he can, of course.

Comment

All fair points.

We were outplayed by an awful Blackburn team for 45 minutes- we let ourselves down massively today, yet again.

Comment

Working...
            X