If we don't go down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we don't go down...

Without trying to state the bleeding obvious its so, so important that we survive this season because with the current squad (both playing and management), minus a lot of the deadwood that will be released come the end of the season, plus the further acquisitions in the summer, we’ll have a squad that would be more than capable of ensuring that we become an established premier league side and one that would hopefully not have to worry about relegation like we have done this season.

I don’t know what will happen to the likes of Onuoha, Cisse, Zamora, Barton, Ferdinand, SWP, Young, Traore and especially Adel as we’re certainly going to struggle to pay their wages if we were to be relegated come the end of the season and I doubt that they’d even want to play in the Championship if that were to be the case.

If we can just muster up enough points to see us survive this season then we’ll be in such a strong position for the next 5+ years.

Relegation on the other hand could set us back the same length of time and maybe more…

Like I said its probably stating what we all know but these next 3 months are absolutely MASSIVE for us as a football club.

Can't help feeling nervous but if we manage to stay up then the celebrations should eclipse those of last seasons by a long way!

Agree IF we stay up we should be in a position like Swansea next season

Comment

If we go down we'll end up like leeds

Comment

Not sure these players would have signed extensive deals without knowing relegation is a possibility I like to think we could do a Newcastle and hold on to them

Comment

Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
          Not sure these players would have signed extensive deals without knowing relegation is a possibility I like to think we could do a Newcastle and hold on to them
          Seriously i really hope the CE and the board have put in contingency plans re-contracts, maybe to defer a certain % until promoted again , something that wouldn't see us in a Leeds situation. Middlesbrough are in trouble apparently if the dont go up this year, still have a big wage bill that cant be sustained and parachute payments have ended.

Comment

I hope that would be the case pblock I really do!

I guess it would be the last that we would see of Adel and that would be really gutting.

Comment

If we can stop Yakubu and Hoilett on saturday I def. think we will fine.
              This match will be a huge test for us.
              I would imagine Sparky@ Co are working massively with the defence and def. midfield especially, this week.
              Last edited by Shania; 07-02-2012, 09:49 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

IF we stay up this season I will put my credit card behind the bar and you are welcome to tuck in.
                I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                  IF we stay up this season I will put my credit card behind the bar and you are welcome to tuck in.
                  Sweet . Gunna be an expensive bar tab for you my friend
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Deise hoop View Post
                    If we go down we'll end up like leeds
                    what makes you say that?
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Blackburn beat man utd not many weeks ago so it might be up to their daily form. At the moment I cannot see us winning on saturday but I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
                        Blackburn beat man utd not many weeks ago so it might be up to their daily form. At the moment I cannot see us winning on saturday but I hope I am wrong.
                        they also just lost 7-1 to Arsenal. Agree on their day they can look a pretty good side and they have some capable players but if we are going to survive in the Prem then we aren't going to get many better chances than against Blackburn (and yes, I realise we all thought the same before Wolves)...

Comment

This is the first full week Hughes and his staff have had with the full squad -- hopefully the team and tactics will have moved on to a decent position.
                          After all, before Cisse was sent off, we were looking quite good.
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                          X