Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is refeering better in the Championship over the Premier League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In defence of referees, any foul in the box should be a penalty and both were today. I think it's wrong that some refs don't give penalties when they would give a free kick for the same offence outside the box. A foul is a foul

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
      In defence of referees, any foul in the box should be a penalty and both were today. I think it's wrong that some refs don't give penalties when they would give a free kick for the same offence outside the box. A foul is a foul
      So why no penalty when Young was pulled back early on ? And why no foul when Cahill brought down Wellbeck, not a pen as was just outside box, but was a foul and was an early booking but nothing given ?

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
        The game is ****ed mate, too much diving and too many red cards issued for petty offences. It's turning into a non contact sport rapidly personally I put some of the blame on sky sports 24 hour news. Every Sunday and Monday they are constantly discussing decisions, interviewing ex refs and pros and that then has an affect on the next game, the refs are becoming worried and are following the letter of the law to cover their own arses. The game is on the skids

The tabloids and media on the whole have totally f****d our game up.

Comment

Why can we not introduce another ref looking at video evidence with 2 appeals per match allowed by teams, this would surely help the refs make better decisions and thus it not being just one mans decision.

Comment

Oh and the FA have had a massive effect on modern football too.

Introducing new rules, regulations and interpretations for players and refs to follow. Why keep changing things? They consistently mess things up, have no backbone at all and simply cover their own a***s. Appealing Rooney's red card for example? Yet handing a 4 match ban out to someone who looses an appeal because its deemed 'frivolous'... it beggars belief at times.

What annoys me even more is that the people making the decisions at the top really don't have any football knowledge at all. Prime example- reducing the number of subs allowed on Championship teams benches to 7 from 5- seriously- wtf??!! That really gives young British players a better chance doesn't it?!

FA rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              So why no penalty when Young was pulled back early on ? And why no foul when Cahill brought down Wellbeck, not a pen as was just outside box, but was a foul and was an early booking but nothing given ?
              try reading my point again and take in what im saying

Comment

Working...
              X