Strong Squad and Great turn out last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong Squad and Great turn out last night

The team looked pretty strong last night and when you consider that Heidar, Stewpeas, Cook, Faurlin, Hogan and Legs were not even in the squad then we are beginning to get to a position of "strength in depth" which hasn't been the case for years. Also missing were Borrowdale(!), Piccaddilly (is he signing/signed?) and Gazza.

And what about the turnout? The away end was at least 80% full and there must have been 1500 R's there. Wycombe officials couldn't believe the support and even ran out of tickets at the turnstiles! They only had 1 gate open to start with and then opened a second "cash only" entrance at 7:35 . They even ran out of burger buns before half time and the little tuck shop was virtually cleared out!

This tremendous support for a friendly clearly indicates the level of excitement starting to creep in to W12 and there is a tangible feeling that this could be a special season. I can feel it. Can you? .:exciting:
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

We took Aldershot by surprise as well many were expecting 300 and nearly 1000 made the trip.

Great support well done to all who made it.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

agree.

Sure 99% of our fans want us to do well and cannot wait for the new season
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        agree.

Sure 99% of our fans want us to do well and cannot wait for the new season

i would suggest that 100% of our fans want us to do well this season

Comment

Well done QPR fans
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

great stuff, couldnt make it last night due to football training myself but am defo getting excited about the new season, the team seems to be coming together nicely and playing some good stuff. Not there yet but good signs for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by larkspur_hoop View Post
              great stuff, couldnt make it last night due to football training myself but am defo getting excited about the new season, the team seems to be coming together nicely and playing some good stuff. Not there yet but good signs for sure!
              OI, get ya butt off the computer ;) places to go people to see mate
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

surely all clubs fans want their club to do well???

why get excited over a dire pre season?
                we have good support..thats why we took 300 to cardiff and blackpool, when we were still in with a shout.

aug 8th....then it's all business...
                a
                few i know are NOT that excited AND SAY THEY WILL REDUCE THEIR AWAY GAMES.
                the laugh and lack of the matchday experience has numbed them...ie bullying stewards, no standing, no smoking....

Comment

ignore stewards and smoke i say
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                    The team looked pretty strong last night and when you consider that Heidar, Stewpeas, Cook, Faurlin, Hogan and Legs were not even in the squad then we are beginning to get to a position of "strength in depth" which hasn't been the case for years. Also missing were Borrowdale(!), Piccaddilly (is he signing/signed?) and Gazza.

And what about the turnout? The away end was at least 80% full and there must have been 1500 R's there. Wycombe officials couldn't believe the support and even ran out of tickets at the turnstiles! They only had 1 gate open to start with and then opened a second "cash only" entrance at 7:35 . They even ran out of burger buns before half time and the little tuck shop was virtually cleared out!

This tremendous support for a friendly clearly indicates the level of excitement starting to creep in to W12 and there is a tangible feeling that this could be a special season. I can feel it. Can you? .:exciting:
                    so vic got to the burger van and tuck shop first then....;D;D

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                      so vic got to the burger van and tuck shop first then....;d;d

lmfao
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Definitely now feeling 'something special' to happen this year!!

cannot wait!
                        We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

I think 100% would want us to do well.Like most - im chomping at the bit for season to start, esp as i will be going to more matches this season.

Still early days, but disappointed in the transfer front(at mom).Having heard JM state at least 3 players to come in...we have since shipped 3 out.Glad Taarbat has signed and looking forward to Faurlin getting up to speed in this league(Hope fans have patience).Not wanting to fuel the striker problem, but we wanted one when Dex was here...he has gone...so should we be looking at two to come in....Only good sign is that we can score from all over picth...which is a good thing in any team.A top notch goalscorer for me would certainly help....Thats aside...I cant wait....Certainly not got a relegation looking team..just a couple short of a promotion chasing one for me.

Comment

You also forgot to Mention Buzz in that list

Comment

Working...
                            X