A point gained for me...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A point gained for me...........

I know last night will show we threw away a 2 goal lead, but like the game against the **** we just sat back and back and their goals were coming. It was bizarre we were 2 up in the first place. To concede just before half time was a killer because their fans were getting on their back. The first goal I would put at fault for Taiwo who got caught out positionally. He took too many touches on quite a few occasions. The 2nd goal came from his side yet again when their bloke had bleeding ages to pick out a man to score. Mackie missed such an easy chance at 2-1 and that would have killed the game. Villa are a decent side and I would have been more than happy with a point before the game when I saw the side.

Cisse looked f**ed after 30 mins so he needs to get much fitter. I thought the 2 centre backs played well, but I woukd like to see them show more composure with the ball as they kept launching it forward when we didn't have any outlets as all our forwards kept going off and Macheda can't hold a ball up.

A good turn out of Rangers up there. Really important we follow this up with a win against Wolves when hopefully we'll have some more players back including the African boys who should be fresh seeing at that they have hardly played.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Yes it was a great point considering the team was thrown together at the last minute. We can only get better with more bonding.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Yes it was a great point considering the team was thrown together at the last minute. We can only get better with more bonding.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Well said
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agreed , there was definately more positives to be had then negatives from last night.
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Good Summary Ham.

Although I thought Tawio was left exposed on the left everytime they attacked

Comment

Now that my fingers have thawed out!!!
              Good post and points all vallid.
              Cisse and Taiwo both needed game time in their legs and got it. Villa were simply the better team from about 35 minutes on. Yes the goal before the break was a bit of a killer and Mackie missing that sitter for 3 1 was crucial.
              But we held on, the new back line had hardly had time to work together and it's a good point.
              Indeed, if we beat Wolves it will be an even better point given that the bottom 3 all lost this week and no one around us got more than 1 point.
              Oh, and not for the first time this year I will say - don't forget to wave goodbye to Norwich as we go past them in about a month's time
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Point towards our survival.. Gives us something to build on IF we win saturday that would be 7 from 3 games which is a good return in this league.... Keep the faith and back them to the final whistle on the last day.
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I thought even though we looked poor last night Villa were outstanding they ripped us to pieces at points BUT the players are just starting to gel and to get a point away when players have had no time to gel is a good point.

Comment

A point at Villa is always a point gained..

Comment

Having gone 2-0 up, we really should have come away from Villa Park with all three points.
                      Our undoing, was this annoying habit we have of sitting back, defending far too deep, and forever inviting teams to come at us and try and get something.
                      Now, I've been supporting the Rangers for a long time, and I cannot, for the life of me, recall a time when sitting back and soaking up the pressure was ever a good tactic for us.

That said, I'll take the point, grudgingly.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        Having gone 2-0 up, we really should have come away from Villa Park with all three points.
                        Our undoing, was this annoying habit we have of sitting back, defending far too deep, and forever inviting teams to come at us and try and get something.
                        Now, I've been supporting the Rangers for a long time, and I cannot, for the life of me, recall a time when sitting back and soaking up the pressure was ever a good tactic for us.

That said, I'll take the point, grudgingly.
                        Get used to it under Hughes away from home..

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          Get used to it under Hughes away from home..
                          Trouble is, we allowed Chelshyte the same time, same room, and dared them far too often to come at us and try and get something, and that was at home.
                          I'd be happier if MH could get the lads to do their defending a bit further up the field from our last third.......Otherwise, I'm going to have heart failure watching us hanging on in games!!!

Comment

He likes two banks of four, and he likes them close together, always has , so when defending his teams will be deep, thats his style hard to beat, and thats what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                              He likes two banks of four, and he likes them close together, always has , so when defending his teams will be deep, thats his style hard to beat, and thats what we need.
                              Now we have a bit of pace and power up front we should be a lot more dangerous on the counter attack especially away from home

Comment

Working...
                              X