Taiwo, Barton and Derry.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwo, Barton and Derry.....

Barton and Derry are both defensive midfielder so with Taarabt and Buzsaky coming back fighting for one spot to partner Barton we will be creating a lot more chances for bobby and Cissea,

Cissea needed through ball in the middle of the park and he wasn't getting any from Barton and Derry tonight, we were playing long ball from the back 4!

Taiwo on the other hand will come good, he just need to get use to the pace of the English football.

When diakite comes back imagine he will e defensive and Barton pushes up??

Comment

The only question rg taiwo is can he adapt to the pace? Other wise swap him with traore.

Comment

but I see Barton as a defensive midfielder, not a attacking midfielder

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
          Barton and Derry are both defensive midfielder so with Taarabt and Buzsaky coming back fighting for one spot to partner Barton we will be creating a lot more chances for bobby and Cissea,

Cissea needed through ball in the middle of the park and he wasn't getting any from Barton and Derry tonight, we were playing long ball from the back 4!

Taiwo on the other hand will come good, he just need to get use to the pace of the English football.
          That shot from the edge of the area showed the power he has in his left foot. No doubt he will be a very important player for us

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
            When diakite comes back imagine he will e defensive and Barton pushes up??
            That's the plan I would imagine.

Comment

Cissea needed through ball in the middle of the park and he wasn't getting any from Barton and Derry tonight, we were playing a lot of long ball!

2nd half looked a bit better im looking forward to seeing him play some more with traore on the wing instead of head down and just run mackie.

Barton and Derry where truly awful , Barton couldn't put a 5 yard pass together and Derry i barely noticed he was on the pitch tbh .Midfield so weak without faurlin hopefully taarabt will be back for saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDROG View Post
                That shot from the edge of the area showed the power he has in his left foot. No doubt he will be a very important player for us
                Looking forward to us being in the opponents half long enough to win a free kick in range!!

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
                  The only question rg taiwo is can he adapt to the pace? Other wise swap him with traore.
                  yeah, it early days yet to be able to tell if he can adapt... I sure he will

Comment

but I see Barton as a defensive midfielder, not a attacking midfielder
                    Better the other way IMO.

Funny old game isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                      Better the other way IMO.

Funny old game isn't it?
                      we wont be seeing much of derry when diakite come,

I would of thought diakite and barton will be fighting for one spot and Taarabt/Buzsaky be fighting the attacking role if we play 442.... unless we play 352 which is unlikely

Comment

Buzsaky has probably been our best player overall in the last 3 games before this one, he has to come back into the side if fit. I'd play him with Barton, I think they were building up a good partnership and it is all about partnerships in the middle of the park.

We desperately need a left sided midfielder/winger. Traore would fit the bill, or Adel to cut in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                          Buzsaky has probably been our best player overall in the last 3 games before this one, he has to come back into the side if fit. I'd play him with Barton, I think they were building up a good partnership and it is all about partnerships in the middle of the park.

We desperately need a left sided midfielder/winger. Traore would fit the bill, or Adel to cut in.

that what I was thinking

Comment

Where you at the Chelsea game ?? Buzz is still looking for the game now totally by passed him good player when ur on top

Comment

Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
                              Where you at the Chelsea game ?? Buzz is still looking for the game now totally by passed him good player when ur on top
                              I was. He was one of the few to put his foot on it and pass it properly in that game. I also felt he tackled pretty well. He was obviously half-fit, and that did show at times, but still had a decent game. It certainly didn't pass him by, that's way off the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X