Hughes v Warnock Transfer Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes v Warnock Transfer Deadline

After all the fuss has died down now on all our new signings,it got me thinking after all the hoo hah of Neil's departure and a lot of people very angry about his demise,if Neil had still been here today what players do you realistically think we would have had ??
    After listening to the players interviews most of them said they had great respect for MH and was a strong reason for joining as he is very well thought of,and the plans for the future are very bright,now,the only player i know that NW was chasing that we got was onuaha,now do you think he would have signed for NW or was MH the reason for joining,and how many of the players that we did sign would have joined us if NW had been in charge ??
    I do wonder who was on Neil's list and i bet it was a lot different to who we actually got,i personally think that the board's decision to sack NW has turned out to be the right one and only time will tell i know,but maybe ITK's on here will have a better insight into who we may have had if Neil had'nt been sacked ??

I loved NW and was gutted when he went thinking it was harsh,but i did wonder what our squad would have been like had he still been here,your thoughts ??? Better or Worse ??

We wouldn't have attracted the players we did. Warnock is like marmite you either love him or hate him. Look at Diakite and Taiwo, they new nothing about QPR before they signed so they first thing they would do is look at the manager - Hughes is a top manager and is well known around Europe; whereas warnock is only known in the UK. fantastic move by the club bringing in Hughes, very happy !!
    Queens Park Rangers F.C Champions 2010-2011

Comment

I doubt Warnock would have got the same level quality in if he had spent £12m.Onohua and Zamora were linked under Warnock but i doubt they would of signed.

Not knocking Warnock but we would of seen more players like Macheda brought in and we would of been relegated.

*when i say Macheda i mean 6th,7th choice players from top four teams who never get near the first XI

Comment

We would have got the man city guy,and would have got the spurs players( who Candlewax face refused to sell to us),AJ as well and that's it I'd say.

Comment

We will never know, and that is that probably what upsets NW the most - he didn't get the chance to try his hand in the winow. He may have done really well too.

I am happy we have MH, but don't really see the need to snipe away at NW at every opportunity.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            We will never know, and that is that probably what upsets NW the most - he didn't get the chance to try his hand in the winow. He may have done really well too.

I am happy we have MH, but don't really see the need to snipe away at NW at every opportunity.
            You get me wrong,i am not sniping at NW because i rated him,i was just wondering what players we would have got if he was still in charge ?
            and if the one's we did get would have signed for him ? been interesting to see just how different our team would have been ??

Comment

Bearing in mind we can only 2nd guess Warnock's targets, albeit with a modicum of certainty around who was rumoured to be on our wish list before he left......My guess is -

DEFENCE
              Onouha - would NOT have joined us despite NW's interest. I think Hughes being Manager made the move more attractive.
              Alex - would NOT have joined us for the same reason he didn't anyway as he'd rather play for PSG.
              Samba - would NOT have joined us for the same reason he didn't anyway as Blackburn were refusing to sell him and specifically to us.
              Bassong - I think we WOULD have signed him. If only on loan. NW & Harry are good friends.

Taiwo was probably not on his radar.

MIDFIELD
              Pienaar - MIGHT have signed for us, again on loan. Harry may have been more accomodating for us.
              Moses - A favourite of Warnock, I think we'd have tried harder for him but again Wigan's wish to keep him, would probably have been the same. So NO.

Diakite was probably not on his radar.

ATTACK
              Zamora - Difficult one, we may well have ended up with Bobby. More due to him falling out of favour at Fulham, than wanting to play for Warnock.
              Johnson - I suspect we WOULD have signed Johnson, possibly instead of Zamora. Fulham were clearly prepared to seel as they offered him to Wigan.
              apparently we had a bid rejected under Warnock's watch.
              Jalevic - This I think WOULD have been the biggest coup, had Warnock been in charge still. Rumours were he was destined for us, above West Ham and eventually Everton.

Cisse was probably not on his radar.

So in summary -
              Macheda, Bassong, Pienaar, Johnson, Jalevic + 1 other who no one knew about.

Only guessing, but I also think we'd have spent more under Warnock, if not in fees, perhaps on Wages.......

Comment

NW didn't fancy Jelavic apparently...

‘I would be surprised if anybody paid that much and were not very impressed, if I’m honest. We watched him for a few weeks and he didn’t seem much to write home about.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1l8w3VnGs

Comment

So in your opinion then QPR1976 are we better off with what we have managed to get and stand a better chance of avoiding the drop than under Neil's targets ??

Comment

Heard NW on Talkshite yesterday morning and he said he had Jelavic watched a number of times and the reports back were that he was not very good, so he cooled his interest in him...........watch him score willy nilly now for Everton, our modern day Paulo Wanchope.

Comment

I wasn't aware of Neil recent comments regards Jalovic- So I stand corrected.

I guess I am leaning towards better signing under Hughes than could have been under Warnock.

I guess we'll never know, unless NW names them (even then, I'm not convinced they would be the same that he had in mind at the start of Jan.)

I DO think the Hughes factor has helped bring some players in. Possibly above who Warnock could or could not have attracted.
                      I don't buy ALL the comments like "I joined because of Mark Hughes" in the same way I don't buy ALL the "I'm joining a Club with ambition" (Read - I'm joining because QPR offered me big wages") or "Lots of other Top clubs were keen on me" (Read - But none of them actually bid or followed up their interest, so here I am)

That all said, Warnock managed to attract familiar faces also. Kenny, Hill, Derry and they all did a fantastic job for us - but pehaps the Hughes factor HAS taken us up a level.

It remains to be seen I guess......

Comment

Working...
                      X