So when does Hughes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when does Hughes

Have to name his 25 Man squad - Is it today ? Or by Thursday/Friday this week ?

I assumed it would've had to be last night as the last day in Jan....

Comment

Probably today, a few hours before the game

Comment

Hmmmm I was wondering the same, if its before tonights game will it include Hulse, Ramage, and Ephraim?

Comment

I think the FA would have been too busy processing Transfers etc. last night to deal with Final Squads of 25. Especially with Harry's late night flurry.

I'm guessing it would be after tonights game (so that it would be consistant with the teams that played last night) - or later this week.

I'm pretty sure it would have to be before Saturday though.

Comment

By 5pm the day after the window closes.

so by 5pm today

Comment

Really, that would seem unfair for those teams playing tonight (not their fault if police or Sky demanded the switch from Tuesday !)

Potentially gives teams playing last night an advantage.

Oh well, it IS the FA after all.

Comment

How soon after the August window did warnock have to name his squad in September.

I would have thought it would be at least Friday 3rd.

Comment

Good question Stan.

I vaguely recall it was the following day, 1st September, but that was a Thursday, so we were not in the middle of a full programme of games.

ie. There would not have been any advantage playing the night before, rather than a few hours after the deadline.

Basically, the teams playing last night could select a squad yesterday, then complete some transfers and name the 'restricted' squad the next day.
                  Those 10 teams playing tonight, will not have that option if the deadline is 5pm today. Which kind of seems unfair. Surprised if so (maybe not, it is the FA after all)

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    Really, that would seem unfair for those teams playing tonight (not their fault if police or Sky demanded the switch from Tuesday !)

Potentially gives teams playing last night an advantage.

Oh well, it IS the FA after all.
                    Swings and roundabouts really... .the teams playing today will be able to field players they signed by 12 yesterday, whereas those who played last night couldn't..... If we'd played last night we could have named the luxuries of Vine / Dave etc, but not Cisse....

Comment

Thursday 2 Feb 5pm.
                      http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Comment

Working...
                      X