Oxford report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxford report

Although the mood was muted on the way back, the general concensus with Rangers fans I met at HT, FT and on the train was: "It's too early for an opinion about how things are going to go next year."

OK, so we'll just go for the game itself.

1) Oxford's stadium was very functional, and three sides of the Kassam were built (they ran out of money). Nevertheless, 3 sides of THAT stadium is better than 4 sides of Chesterfield's ground - or the whole of the town of Luton. Pitch was lovely too.

2) We had a good 20 mins, and could easily have been 3-0 up. Mahon took his goal well....Then, we took our foot off the gas - and never really put it back on again. In fact, the team really struggled to deal with pace.

3) The penalty was so blatant that Michael Jordan would have been proud of a handball like that.

4) Connolly's screw-up was inopportune, but still highlighted the fact that the man makes mistakes - an unusual thing for him since he's been at QPR. It was comedy.

5) Routledge once again was a split personality. While his finish was wonderful as he went round the 'keeper and comfortably put the ball away, his crossing was - at best - a 1 out of 10.

6) The Italian striker - Pellorici/Pellegrini/Evian (whatever his name is) had a good header go just wide, and touched a ball onto the post while stretching out. Otherwise, he struggled to keep up with play.

7) Borrowdale was solid. We might just have found a replacement for Delaney. And yes, I'm being serious.

We need two strikers. We need two strikers. We need two strikers.

9) Buzza didn't play in the game. Knock? Hope not!

10) We need two strikers. We need two strikers. We need two strikers.

Comment

Cheers for that I missed the game.

Comment

spot on
        We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

I agree with your report in the main but a couple of things I don't necessarily agree with is your assessment of Pellicori and Borrowdale.

Pellicori only had about 20 minutes and those 20 minutes were when Oxford had a lot of the game. I thought he looked quite good considering. He only had 2 chances and he did well with both, especially the header.

Borrowdale played like he was desperate not to make any mistakes - which sounds good in principle but meant that his decisions were lacking in confidence. Gotta feeling he will struggle and be exposed when playing at a higher level.

That said I hope you're right about Borrowdale and wrong about Pellicori.

C'mon Uuu rrrrrrssssss!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X