Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawro's Prediction for Aston Villa v QPR

Aston Villa v QPR

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish picked a strong team in their FA Cup defeat by Arsenal and, although they ended up losing, they went for it, which is a good thing.

When you talk about transfers this month and what different teams might need, then you have to recognise that bringing in Robbie Keane on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy for a few weeks has made a real difference to Villa.

My sportsman's bet about Thierry Henry not scoring another competitive goal for Arsenal after he got the winner against Leeds in the FA Cup third round is still looking good but, unlike Henry, Villa have brought in a player in Keane who could still play permanently in the Premier League.

By picking Keane as well as Darren Bent and Gabriel Agbonlahor, McLeish is sending out a message to his side that they have got a bit more attacking intent and I think Villa are looking much better for it.

As yet, QPR haven't done too much to solve their defensive and goalscoring problems although you would have to think that two of Mark Hughes's signings, defenders Nedum Onuoha and Taye Taiwo, will feature in this game.

I am still not sure where QPR's goals are going to come from, and I think they will be working like crazy until deadline day, inundating people with phone calls to try to bring someone in to change that.

Lawro's prediction: Aston Villa 2-1 QPR

Here are all of Mark Lawrenson's 230 Premier League predictions for the 2011-12 season so far, together with how the League Table would look like based on his forecasts...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

C*nt, has he ever predicted us to win?
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

saggy faced ******!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
        Yes and he was wrong both times,home against Norwich and West brom

Comment

He had us down to beat Wigan 2-1 too
          http://eatsleepdrinkblogfootball.blogspot.co.uk - an independent look at all things football in general and QPR. Twitter: @ESDBFootball

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
            To be fair, what part of his assessment do you disagree with, I cant see much wrong with what he says at all?
            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

He always says we will lose
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                He always says we will lose
                And in fairness he hasnt been far wrong so far this season
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He writes: "As yet, QPR haven't done too much to solve their defensive...... problems"

Yet in the same sentence he writes: "although you would have to think that two of Mark Hughes's signings, defenders Nedum Onuoha and Taye Taiwo, will feature in this game."

What a dinny!

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                    He writes: "As yet, QPR haven't done too much to solve their defensive...... problems"

Yet in the same sentence he writes: "although you would have to think that two of Mark Hughes's signings, defenders Nedum Onuoha and Taye Taiwo, will feature in this game."

What a dinny!
                    I had to look at that twice, as well.
                    Talk about somebody contradicting their selves.

Comment

Working...
                    X