Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

with all these centre backs maybe new formation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with all these centre backs maybe new formation?

just wondering with all the new cbs were after whether or not a new formation maybe behind it?

---------------- kenny--------------------

--------ferdinand----###x------onouha

young----------------------------------taiwoo
    --------------buzz------barton-----------

swp---------------------------------------adel
    ------------------striker-------------------

wing backs allow adel to play as there will be cover behind , it will allow one of our cms to push up , or he could put traore on left where adel is and put adel on right

quite a solid side and we know our full backs can attack and score goals

obv can sub buzz for diakate etc for even more insurance at the back

someone like zamora perfect for this role as one of the best hiold up strikers in pl

ffs wont let me show it in the formation im talking about even when edit
    Last edited by rangerforevereastcote; 29-01-2012, 09:43 PM.

thats more like it

Comment

pretty sure hughes loves a 4-4-2
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
        pretty sure hughes loves a 4-4-2
        he does, just thinking a lot of defenders need to accomadate, not many striker (at min) and adel who if used needs some sort of adjustment??

Comment

It does make sense and on paper looks quality. However,

1) I don't think Young is good enough to play as a wing back.
          2) When you play 3 at the back, a lot of teams play with one up top which leaves 2 spare and therefore outnumbered in the middle. Even with 2 up top, it means you're outnumbered somewhere else.
          3) That striker has got to be pretty good (especially away from home) to play effectively loan striker role. Heidur can do at home but less convinced when under the cosh away.

My team would be (based on current signings):
          Kenny
          Young, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Taiwoo
          SWP, Barton, Buz, Traore
          Adel, Heidur

So what i'm saying is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            It does make sense and on paper looks quality. However,

1) I don't think Young is good enough to play as a wing back.
            2) When you play 3 at the back, a lot of teams play with one up top which leaves 2 spare and therefore outnumbered in the middle. Even with 2 up top, it means you're outnumbered somewhere else.
            3) That striker has got to be pretty good (especially away from home) to play effectively loan striker role. Heidur can do at home but less convinced when under the cosh away.

My team would be (based on current signings):
            Kenny
            Young, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Taiwoo
            SWP, Barton, Buz, Traore
            Adel, Heidur

So what i'm saying is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs
            agree with some of what you say, my thinking more that the wing backs push forward more then defend , the cm can worry about helping attack , think harsh on young think hes been pretty good going forward but obv only my opinon, also allows us to focus adel going forward knowing hes got a spare cb to cover his side and therefore not put pressure on the wingback on whatever side hes on to worry so much he cant push forward,

just with the players we kinda have were going to have our better players on bench as our strentgh seems to be in that defening area if what we are reading is correct in terms of whose still coming

maybe a formation for away games? i know hughes likes 442 but our strengths at the min dont really lend themselves to that formation

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Young has been good going forward for us. But that is as a full back. Ie. priority has been defending and he has a right midfielder in front of him. As a wing back, you're effectively asking him to be that winger because the man in front will probably be tucking into the middle to support the lone striker.
              I think our players actually lean us to play 442 or really 4411 with Adel off the top striker.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Don't get me wrong, Young has been good going forward for us. But that is as a full back. Ie. priority has been defending and he has a right midfielder in front of him. As a wing back, you're effectively asking him to be that winger because the man in front will probably be tucking into the middle to support the lone striker.
                I think our players actually lean us to play 442 or really 4411 with Adel off the top striker.
                assuming we dont sign another 2 defenders lol

Comment

good point!

Comment

What do you mean "all these centre backs"

We have Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Hall, Connolly, Perone, Ramage and Shittu. Onuoha can play at centre back but is primarily a right full back.

Gabbidon, Ferdinand and Hall have done well this season, the rest are reserve players at best. The above 3 all have injury problems from time to time so we're desperately short in that position!

I do like your formation though!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      What do you mean "all these centre backs"

We have Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Hall, Connolly, Perone, Ramage and Shittu. Onuoha can play at centre back but is primarily a right full back.

Gabbidon, Ferdinand and Hall have done well this season, the rest are reserve players at best. The above 3 all have injury problems from time to time so we're desperately short in that position!

I do like your formation though!
                      matt was more talking we have ferdinand onouha and assuming we may be signing 1 or maybe 2 more cbs bassong samba, neither of these new guys willl be on bench one would assume, and doubt ferdinand will be on bench either , may need to accomadate

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                        matt was more talking we have ferdinand onouha and assuming we may be signing 1 or maybe 2 more cbs bassong samba, neither of these new guys willl be on bench one would assume, and doubt ferdinand will be on bench either , may need to accomadate
                        True but i feel we'll only sign one more centre half who will go and play with Anton and move Onuoha straight in at right back. It'll be great to have competition for places

Comment

I've been wondering something similar. At the moment, 3 at the back is very popular in Italy. Maybe Sparky has been watching lots of serie a whilst he's been unemployed.

If not, 4 3 3 like Barcelona play is very popular nowadays. I don't personally think Mark Hughes is planning on using 4-4-2 for ever, just to get us out of trouble this season. I'm predicting a different formation to 4-4-2 next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornish R View Post
                            I've been wondering something similar. At the moment, 3 at the back is very popular in Italy. Maybe Sparky has been watching lots of serie a whilst he's been unemployed.

If not, 4 3 3 like Barcelona play is very popular nowadays. I don't personally think Mark Hughes is planning on using 4-4-2 for ever, just to get us out of trouble this season. I'm predicting a different formation to 4-4-2 next season.
                            with the team we look like having dont think we can play 442

Comment

A wingback system usually uses a 3-5-2 formation or 5-3-2. Most clubs have tried it but reverted back to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, or similar. It works ok if the CBs and WBs are pacey, otherwise it seems a largely abandoned system.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                              X