Mistakes Learn't From Last 18 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    We are not always right as shown with Cerny , Gorkss and latterly Ramage.
    IMO, thats one of the best points I've read on this MB for a LONG time.

Fans can too often be fickle, too quick to judge and way too impatient.

Well worth bearing in my mind. Its so easy to sit down at a computer keyboard and just #### off pro footballers with such little thought in the process.

Comment

No proven goalscorer at the club, no left back of note, no back up keeper with 11 days to go. WE HAVE LEARNT NOTHING:cry::cry::cry::cry:
      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Besides all the discussions about players, tactics, too many midfielders, lack of strikers etc etc......The one important lesson that we do appear to have learnt is....

WE DON'T PLAY IN BLUE SHORTS
        Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

I think the board have learnt a lot from the past 18 months...firstly the appointment of Magilton and Gorman is a massive step in the right direction. We all (I think!) wanted an experienced championship manager and we got one. Whether they can take us to the promised land we'll have to wait and see.

Secondly, last summer we signed a load of 18-20 year old youth players with no experience on long term loans. This summer although we have signed someone we haven't heard of in Fuarlin he is 22 and does have experience of first team football and it was clearly a JM/JG choice signing! Same thing with Pellicori if we sign him, he is an experienced striker and JM is clearly having a good look at hime before making a decision which is good to see. I know its still a risk signing but so is Simon Cox for West Brom, the jury is out as to whether he can produce the goods at this level.

This squad is stronger than last season if only for the fact they have now had a year together, it takes time to gel sometimes, many of us seem to forget that!!

Comment

Working...
          X