Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Bassong does sign

Big IF still,

I'd be surprised if we signed him to sit on the bench, so will he partner Nedum or Anton ?

And if he's 1st choice CB with Anton, that would suggest Onouha will go RB at Young's expense.

We need at least 3 quality centre backs. At the moment we have two. Hall, Gabbidon, Hill etc. will all be gone in the summer.

Comment

I fear for Young's place which is harsh when there are still players considerably worse than him in the team. I guess Hughes just doesn't dare being left without a top quality defender which is fair enough, tho' have to say Fitz hardly put a foot - or head - wrong yesterday. Prob not the worst reserve centre half in the prem (when fit).

Comment

Looks like Young and Onouha will compete for RB but both are capable of playing across the back 4.

Comment

If Basong does sign for us Fan's shouldn't be to quick to judge Him ,Not rated at Spur's but highly rated at Newcstle ,He will be part of the squad as is Ferdinand ,Onoura ,Young ,Tawo,and Traora ,every side need's quality depth in defence

Comment

Young - A Centre Half ???? Are you sure ?

A 9 man defence in the squad of -
            Young, Onouha, Ferdinand, Bassong, Gabbidon, Hall, Hill, Traore, Taiwo

would be pretty good.

Only Samba in the Summer (for sicknote Hall) would 'realistically' improve that. But if we get Bassong, I'll wager Harry has a ready made replacement in mind (Samba ?)

Comment

I thought both our centre halfs had good games yesterday. Not put under too much pressure but looked pretty assured. With Onoura now signed up i would rather Hughes concentrated on our attacking options rather than Bassong.

Comment

Fair point Dave, but I think Hughes likes to build from the back. A solid Defence, then look to bring goals in. It's what he's done before.

Sadly, I think Matty Connolly is destined for the surplus pile with BigDanny & Perone. The 9 I list above would give great cover azcross the backline with 2 great RB's 6 CH's & 3 LB's.

I guess, even if we don't get a striker in before deadline, they'll be a loan window soon after ? (Is that the case in Prem ?) although we may have to send Macheda back first.

Comment

Onouha----Bassong---Ferdinand-----Taiwo

Comment

I think Bassong is a very good player and would be picked ahead of Gabbidon and Hall for sure.

Comment

Me too, but I've a hunch Onouha may oust Anton with young holding down RB.

Plenty of options though, and much better ones than we had a year or 6 months ago. I mean...Perone ! Dig Dan would have been a better Squaddie.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                        Me too, but I've a hunch Onouha may oust Anton with young holding down RB.

Plenty of options though, and much better ones than we had a year or 6 months ago. I mean...Perone ! Dig Dan would have been a better Squaddie.
                        why do you think ferdinand will make way for anybody ,is it for a Hughs signing ? imo Ferdinand hasn't put a foot wrong yet it would be poor judgement to drop Him just for a new signing

Comment

I'm not saying he will, my OP was raising the questions- where would Bassong start, should he sign.

On the bench ? unlikely. Why pay millions for a sub ?
                          As CH ? Possibly, in which case Anton may be under threat.
                          Or RB, in which case Luke is under threat.

For what it's worth, I think Young & Ferdinand have both been massive successes for us. I do wonder how much the Off field issues will affect Ferdinand, but so far he seems to have handled them brilliantly.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                            Big IF still,

I'd be surprised if we signed him to sit on the bench, so will he partner Nedum or Anton ?

And if he's 1st choice CB with Anton, that would suggest Onouha will go RB at Young's expense.
                            I think this will be it tbh.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                            X