SWP's deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWP's deal

What was the length of his deal, 3 year? 4 year?

How long are we lumbered with him for?

Looks we are now stuck with him. Very disappointed with him so far. Very low in confidence. Cannot shoot, cannot pass, cannot focus and cannot control his steps.
    Last edited by Yousef; 29-01-2012, 09:32 AM.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

The skum sang 'We've seen it before, Shaun Wright-Phillips, we've seen it before'.

Sums it up.

He is prob on 40 large a week as well

Comment

All this criticism of SWP, but play him wide right, get two decent players in (at least a reasonable prem quality midfielder-Buzz isn't the answer-and a reasonable premiership quality striker), then with Taiwo, Traore on the left, poss. Taarabt behind the striker, and we might start seeing SWP perfom like he showed real signs of I thought in his debut v Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          All this criticism of SWP, but play him wide right, get two decent players in (at least a reasonable prem quality midfielder-Buzz isn't the answer-and a reasonable premiership quality striker), then with Taiwo, Traore on the left, poss. Taarabt behind the striker, and we might start seeing SWP perfom like he showed real signs of I thought in his debut v Newcastle.
          Why? He performed against Newcastle with the same players we have now. Massive confidence crisis, would sign and play victor Moses ahead of him.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think surrounded by some better players (not just the ones we had v Newcastle) with confidence on the ball he might relax a bit.

Comment

Reckon I've worded that badly- "he's too bloody relaxed as it is", you'll say! But I think he's capable but far too tense and anxious on the ball at the minute.

Comment

I think give him a run of games on the right wing and he's the player we all expected him to be

Comment

Not giving up on him,think he will come good soon

Comment

It does irritate me that he never attacks his full back and always looks to cut inside and play an easy pass. He has no confidence to go round his man on the left.
                    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Was told by a skum pal when we signed him, he has one good game in five. Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Not giving up on him,think he will come good soon
                        18 games were not enough for him to come good so what makes you think he will?
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

All ours until Summer 2014

Clearly He, Warnock & Hughes believe he is better cutting in from the left. Can all 3 be so wrong ?
                          He did look slightly (only slightly better) on the right, 2nd half yesterday, but I can only recall him beating his man ONCE, to set up Mackie.

With no goals to his name after 5 months and having played in most games, the tactic of him cutting in from the left is not working. On the rare occasions that 1) his first touch controls the ball 2) he beats one or two defenders, his shot rarely troubles their keeper.
                          I guess it might have been different had his 'good' goal v WBA stood.

Question is, is he better than Hogan ?
                          And I never thought I consider that out loud.....

Comment

Originally posted by paulmqpr View Post
                            I think give him a run of games on the right wing and he's the player we all expected him to be

Comment

Me too, with Taarabt or Traore on Left wing, unless we sign Pienaar or Moses.

Comment

Working...
                              X