Defended well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defended well...

...Generally looked a lot more organised in defence. Despite dominating possession, I felt that Chelsea struggled to create clear-cut opportunities. They won the game through what seemed to me to be a very dubious penalty decision.

That said, our ball retention was almost non-existent. Barton's passing, as usual, was absolutely abysmal, which is a shame because I thought he did some good defensive work. He desperately needs to improve his set-pieces as well. At this rate, I can see him being dropped by Hughes once we sign this defensive midfielder (whose name I forget). SWP was also poor, struggling to influence proceedings and continually losing possession. Mackie did nothing, but then again is this particularly surprising when one considers the quality of the opposition?

Macheda was absolutely dreadful and, in my view, we might as well send him back to Manchester United. Didn't look interested - at all. Hulse, in fairness, did OK - won several headers and seemed to show a bit more desire for the ball than he used to (although let's face it he still isn't good enough for the Premiership).

Everyone knows this, but I'm going to say it once more - WE NEED STRIKERS! We cannot rely on Helguson alone - he is 34 years of age and injury prone. I just hope that the Board have some signings lined up - for me this is absolutely crucial to our survival! I wasn't really expecting us to win today, but it's obvious where our weaknesses lie. Hughes is well on the way to sorting out the defence - but in attack we are not good enough!

Tbf agree with what you say, mh did say he wanted I work on defense first and then attack , I think we will see an improvement in that area next couple
    Of weeks eap when we get our full team back
    And out

Comment

I couldn't be more happy with the defence, Mark Hughes is our best signing by a mile. Can't wait for Aston Villa & 3 points.

Anyone being negative again needs to support the club. Supporters support
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

With the new recruits coming in to the side we should have a very strong back 4, whether that helps our midfield and forwards remains to be seen but Hughes does seem to have the back very organized! I just finished re-watching the game and have to agree with most of what The Godfather had to say, Barton and SWP may not have much future with MH depending who is signed by Tuesday, Macheda is not PL class!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Exactly gator. You should always start from the back & build up. I am very happy with the defence for the 4th game in a row
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
          X