Blessing in disguise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessing in disguise

Hughes and the board will know now( if they didn't already) what is needed in the next few days for us to survive,creativity lacking big time,without it we will probably be relegated,3 days to get a winger( to replace the useless Mackie),a holding midfielder( to replace Faurlin) and AT LEAST one quality striker.Had we produced a good performance today the board might have held back but after that(awful performance) they will have to push the boat out.thank god we have Hughes on board,convinced he will have a big say in what goes on,so blessing in disguise today I feel.

having traore and adel back will improve balance of side no end though

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Fair point but it does show just how much we lack strength in depth in most areas.
      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
        Fair point but it does show just how much we lack strength in depth in most areas.
        I don't really agree with those slagging of our performance to be honest. Yes we won last time we played them but they dominated us 2nd half with 9 men and should have drawn in my opinion. They're a top 4 team and have strength throughout the team. Yet, we looked solid at the back and they created little. Hughes has only been there 5 minutes but signs are good. All good teams build from the back. We only need to beat teams around us.

Comment

I don't really agree with those slagging of our performance to be honest. Yes we won last time we played them but they dominated us 2nd half with 9 men and should have drawn in my opinion. They're a top 4 team and have strength throughout the team. Yet, we looked solid at the back and they created little. Hughes has only been there 5 minutes but signs are good. All good teams build from the back. We only need to beat teams around us.
          Agree James even hall looks like a defender now!! Traore left wing will give us balance ,

Comment

Yes will help but need 2-3 quality creative players in before window closes

Comment

Need a quality striker to partner Heider.Can't see DJ and Jay doing the biz.

Also need a CB and midfielder.

Gonna be hard to get them before the deadline.

Comment

Working...
              X