Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question regarding a new stadium or capacity increase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question regarding a new stadium or capacity increase.

Fulham get absolutely slagged for the 'Tourist' element of our crowd, theres no hiding that.

But heres my take...

We have 17,000 ST holders, so we still need to get another 5000 (after the away fans have been thrown in) to sell out. Fulham isnt a major european club so the attraction to just support us isn't the same as it is with Chelsea, Man u, etc...

Now.. If you guys get the 30,000 or so capacity some of you want where do you think the additional 15,000 fans will come from? By then you would have signed players from all over the world and their fans will be coming to see them, you'll hate it like i do but if your crowd is to rise by that much its what you'll need!

Its now (Sadly) part and parcel of football. as the money side of things rules the game.

If you think you'll have 30,000 hardcore rank Rangers fans filling the capacity then you'll be dissapointed.

So...

Who do you think will fill your stadium if you wont be anything like us?
    Last edited by Tarquin-Rupert Al Fayed; 27-01-2012, 06:43 PM.

you're on a wind-up mate, when making excuses for your pathetic away support, you conveniently forgot the top of the table encounter in the 80's. You could'nt fill the away end then either :angry:
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      you're on a wind-up mate, when making excuses for your pathetic away support, you conveniently forgot the top of the table encounter in the 80's. You could'nt fill the away end then either :angry:
      Forget away support for this, its about home support .. Be honest, where do you think you will get 15,000 additional fans from to fill a 30,000 seater stadium. its not a dig, its a serious question. without torists we couldnt do it and we have 17,000 st holders, The truth is.. the bigger names or more popular foreign names you sign the bigger the 'tourist' element of fans become. its life. you coat us about it now but to grow as a club and team you'll have to do the same and put up with it too.

Comment

I think he has a point to be fair. Where would 25000 fans come from to fill our part of the ground? Is it worth building such a ground if we need to discount tickets do heavily and beg tourists to come to fill it? I am not convinced.

We still are different to you, as we have never got gates of 3-4k for league games, you have gained about 80% of your supporters in the last 15 years or so!

Comment

Originally posted by 3touch View Post
          I think he has a point to be fair. Where would 25000 fans come from to fill our part of the ground? Is it worth building such a ground if we need to discount tickets do heavily and beg tourists to come to fill it? I am not convinced.

We still are different to you, as we have never got gates of 3-4k for league games, you have gained about 80% of your supporters in the last 15 years or so!
          We dont even discount our tickets unless its against teams like West Brom etc who dont attract interest. But yes, alot of our support is new. we have a very young crowd now too aswell so maybe we are getting the youngsters who were to young before. either way, without the tourists we would only get around 20,000 a game. theres too many big teams in London to choose from. if your not born in Fulham why would you support them?

Comment

No point building a bigger stadium if you then discount tickets. Makes no business sense.

Think we have a bigger hard core following than Fulham. To give you one little example I know a guy in my village who with his son are among those 17,000 season ticket holders of yours - and he is a Leeds fan who just wanted to see some Prem League football. He couldn't decide between you and us but you were a bit cheaper and slightly nearer. That is as passionate as he gets about Fulham. But we will have to go after the same kind of people if we move to a new ground. And I don't have a problem with that. Never understand some on here who love complaining about "glory hunters". I wish we had more of them! Besides, I was one myself once - back in '76.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              No point building a bigger stadium if you then discount tickets. Makes no business sense.

Think we have a bigger hard core following than Fulham. To give you one little example I know a guy in my village who with his son are among those 17,000 season ticket holders of yours - and he is a Leeds fan who just wanted to see some Prem League football. He couldn't decide between you and us but you were a bit cheaper and slightly nearer. That is as passionate as he gets about Fulham. But we will have to go after the same kind of people if we move to a new ground. And I don't have a problem with that. Never understand some on here who love complaining about "glory hunters". I wish we had more of them! Besides, I was one myself once - back in '76.

Exactly.. why double the capacity and half the ticket price?

We have a good few fans like that, but unfortunately for the long term and hardcore fans thats how football is going. im not stupid enough to believe that some of our season ticket holders come just to see the big away teams aswell, its what football has come to. maybe things will change when the country finally gets its #### ut of recession but maybe thats just wishful thinking!!

Football is a very expensive hobby at the moment!!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthWestHoop View Post
                Exactly.. why double the capacity and half the ticket price?

We have a good few fans like that, but unfortunately for the long term and hardcore fans thats how football is going. im not stupid enough to believe that some of our season ticket holders come just to see the big away teams aswell, its what football has come to. maybe things will change when the country finally gets its #### ut of recession but maybe thats just wishful thinking!!

Football is a very expensive hobby at the moment!!
                It is expensive but football fans are also hypocrites. We want the glamour and entertainment of watching not only the best players in England but many of the biggest stars in the world - naturally this costs a fortune (which has to be found from somewhere) and changes the nature of your local club. But the v same fans who are clamouring on here for our board to pay £7m for Samba will be the same ones moaning that it costs £40 to see us play Chelsea.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  It is expensive but football fans are also hypocrites. We want the glamour and entertainment of watching not only the best players in England but many of the biggest stars in the world - naturally this costs a fortune (which has to be found from somewhere) and changes the nature of your local club. But the v same fans who are clamouring on here for our board to pay £7m for Samba will be the same ones moaning that it costs £40 to see us play Chelsea.
                  I honestly thought you would be able to sell that out twice over what with the recent events of Terry/Ferdinand.

Could be keeping alot of people away tho, and this bullet thing wont do last minute sales any favours!

Comment

More sensible may be to investigate returning our loft end and paddocks to 'safe standing' areas. I believe Villa are looking into running a trial, and this could potentially bring us back to around 23-25k capacity without needing to move. Atmosphere would improve, which is great as atmosphere is getting worse everywhere (except fulham where it has always been like a graveyard)!

I am going to try and raise this with the owners through twitter or email or whatever. May even try to get a little campaign going if the Villa idea works for them, as it would be very popular at LR I'm sure!

Comment

Well I do believe Qpr got at least around 25,000 R's fans. we got 12,000 hardcore fans who go to every game and the rest just pick and chose the games they want to see.

If we had a 30000 seater, 25,000 R's fans only and 5,000 for the away fans and bring the prices down a bit, i reckon we do fine but it would not surprise me if we did not sell out a lot of our games...it not going to happen anytime soon

Tony fernandes is making a lot of noise about bigger stadium and bringing the prices so we just have to wait and see. It would not surprise me if the new stadium will be called Air Asia.com !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3touch View Post
                        More sensible may be to investigate returning our loft end and paddocks to 'safe standing' areas. I believe Villa are looking into running a trial, and this could potentially bring us back to around 23-25k capacity without needing to move. Atmosphere would improve, which is great as atmosphere is getting worse everywhere (except fulham where it has always been like a graveyard)!

I am going to try and raise this with the owners through twitter or email or whatever. May even try to get a little campaign going if the Villa idea works for them, as it would be very popular at LR I'm sure!
                        I would love to see safe standing areas at LR

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
                          Well I do believe Qpr got at least around 25,000 R's fans. we got 12,000 hardcore fans who go to every game and the rest just pick and chose the games they want to see.

If we had a 30000 seater, 25,000 R's fans only and 5,000 for the away fans and bring the prices down a bit, i reckon we do fine but it would not surprise me if we did not sell out a lot of our games...it not going to happen anytime soon

Tony fernandes is making a lot of noise about bigger stadium and bringing the prices so we just have to wait and see. It would not surprise me if the new stadium will be called Air Asia.com !!!

Of course he will, more fans equals more money for him. Its the new craze with all club owners. but when things dont go to plan they **** off. although its pumping in more money and bring in bigger players on the whole its ruining football.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthWestHoop View Post
                            Of course he will, more fans equals more money for him. Its the new craze with all club owners. but when things dont go to plan they **** off. although its pumping in more money and bring in bigger players on the whole its ruining football.
                            i wouldn't go that far mate , our tony is in it for the long run and we got amit bhatia who is a good lad, who will make sure of that

Comment

Working...
                            X