Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pubs for Weds - Villa (away)

Where are we all drinking?

Found these details on a couple of pubs around Villa park, anyone out there know of any others?

"There are a number of pubs in the vicinity of Villa Park, but most of them on match days are either members only or have bouncers on the door. However, Dave Cooper recommends the following for away fans; 'The Witton Arms (formerly the Cap and Gown), is not a bad pub, to which half the pub is given to away fans (there is even a separate entrance for visiting fans). It is only two minutes walk from the away entrance, right on Witton Island, however it does charge �2 per person to gain entry'.

If you arrive a bit earlier then you may wish to visit the historic Bartons Arms, located about a 15 minute walk away on High Street Aston (A34). This Grade II listed building, is one of Birmingham's finest pubs, with superb Victorian decor, serving Oakham ales and Thai food is also on offer. It is a regular entry in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide
    ."

"Away Friendly Pubs near Villa Park
    Pubs in the immediate vicinity of Villa Park are very partisan and cannot be classed as “away friendly.” However, there are some excellent away friendly pubs a little further away. The Barton Arms, on Aston High Street, is about a 15 minute walk from the ground. It is one of Birmingham’s better pubs, located in a Grade 2 Listed building, and has received excellent reviews for the range of ales and food on offer.

The Harriers, on Broadway, is also recommended and is some 10 minutes walk from the ground. The Cap and Gown is only a couple of minutes walk from the ground and allocates half the pub to visiting fans, even providing a separate entrance for away supporters. However, it does charge a £2 admission fee
    ."

22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Whilst we're in the mood for celebrating, thought I'd bump this. Might have posted this too early last week!
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Briar Rose around the corner from New Street is decent

Near the ground Manor Tavern or Witton Arms
      We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
      X