4 Year plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Year plan?

Last year I was particularly vocal wanting to see some ambition and intent from the board. I was regularly told to be patient, trust the 4 year plan they all said. I'm now sat here nearly 3 years later and have seen little progress (signing of Routledge about it) yes the ground has been tidied up, the C club looks great (empty) and the club shop sells nice logo'ed slippers (mmmm), but as for on the pitch progress I have seen very little.

Unless the plan states do nothing until the 4th year and if we've failed we will go wild and spend some money, then I'm completely underwhelmed.

I do not think that there is another club who have acquired rich owners and in 3 years nothing much has improved. Let's not forget on paper we are potentially one of the richest clubs in the world. Who have we bought?

Before I get the usual Who wants to come to a Championship side, please think of Ched Evans, Chris Gunter, Darren Ambrose, Lee Martin, Simon Cox, Jermaine Beckford, Leroy Lita, Ryan Bertrand, David McGoldrick, Freddie Sears, Nathan Dyer.... I could go on. I'm pretty certain all of the above would improve our side.

Does anybody else wonder why these blokes have taken over if they are not prepared to really go for promotion? Also what if they decided that after 4 years the plan has failed and decide that football fad has run its course for them and they decide to up and run.
    :drunk:

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
    Last year I was particularly vocal wanting to see some ambition and intent from the board. I was regularly told to be patient, trust the 4 year plan they all said. I'm now sat here nearly 3 years later and have seen little progress (signing of Routledge about it) yes the ground has been tidied up, the C club looks great (empty) and the club shop sells nice logo'ed slippers (mmmm), but as for on the pitch progress I have seen very little.

Unless the plan states do nothing until the 4th year and if we've failed we will go wild and spend some money, then I'm completely underwhelmed.

I do not think that there is another club who have acquired rich owners and in 3 years nothing much has improved. Let's not forget on paper we are potentially one of the richest clubs in the world. Who have we bought?

Before I get the usual Who wants to come to a Championship side, please think of Ched Evans, Chris Gunter, Darren Ambrose, Lee Martin, Simon Cox, Jermaine Beckford, Leroy Lita, Ryan Bertrand, David McGoldrick, Freddie Sears, Nathan Dyer.... I could go on. I'm pretty certain all of the above would improve our side.

Does anybody else wonder why these blokes have taken over if they are not prepared to really go for promotion? Also what if they decided that after 4 years the plan has failed and decide that football fad has run its course for them and they decide to up and run.
    Nope, I'm quite happy with the way we are going. Progress is being made just not at the speed of those too impatient to remember the ten years pre-ceeding the current situation. The club was a wreck and nothing updated in years, we now have better stadium, infrastructure, organisation, sponsorship and team.

Comment

You say: I'm now sat here nearly 3 years later and have seen little progress.

You must change what you have been sitting on, "these blokes",as you put it have been in charge for less that 2 years[August 2007].

You need to get off whatever you have been sitting on and watch a few more matches if you think that Routledge is the only player worthy of investment.

Comment

Last year I was particularly vocal wanting to see some ambition and intent from the board. I was regularly told to be patient, trust the 4 year plan they all said. I'm now sat here nearly 3 years later and have seen little progress.
        First off, it has not even been two years since Flav and Bernie took over. He promised us we would be up in 4 year why not just show some trust and respect to your owner and give him the benefit of the doubt and let him get on with it instead of criticizing him even though he has still not failed at any of the tasks he said he would achieve whilst at QPR.

Comment

have seen little progress (signing of Routledge about it) yes the ground has been tidied up, the C club looks great (empty) and the club shop sells nice logo'ed slippers (mmmm), but as for on the pitch progress I have seen very little.
          Routeledge? What about Buz? Vine? Gorkss? Cerny? Conolly? - no improvement?

Your are really fickle/blind if you see no improvement on the pitch. The months before Falv and Bernie started putting money into the club was dead last looking to go into administration and looked certain for league 1.

Comment

Its been less than two years..

ON and off the pitch, we have progressed dramatically, just have not got the managers right. Depends on what the 4 year plan in for? if its to get promoted, than I think we will get there.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Our 2008-09 season was so attractive to Watch

We scored the same amount goals as Accrington Stanley
              :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                Routeledge? What about Buz? Vine? Gorkss? Cerny? Conolly? - no improvement?

Your are really fickle/blind if you see no improvement on the pitch. The months before Falv and Bernie started putting money into the club was dead last looking to go into administration and looked certain for league 1.
                Agree mate.The board have secured our club financially.Does the original poster want us to revert to the days of passing the collection bucket round?.

The named players above have improved us immensly.

Comment

Your wrong, we have improved all round, the debt level is now managed a lot better, we have far better and higher sponsors, we have numerous investments now coming into QPR, we have far better contacts and business opportunites than ever before, we have improved the ground and facilities, we have improved upon the playing staff and we have a better chance to gain promotion.

We have improved compared to previous years, I think you have to be fair and give them the next 2 years to see if they can achieve the goal. Also, spending big does not guarentee you success, it could actually end up costing you more money.

Comment

I understand the kings frustrations,I think the main problem arises from all the wild promises made by our owners when they took over,they put us in wonderland and many,including myself foolishly believed the hype.As for progress on the field,well there has been progress in the past 2 years ,we have moved fro a relagation battling team to a midtable(last season) to maybe a 8-9th position team this year,is that progress,yes,but nothing like the progress we were led to believe.I honestly feel any expectations us fans have is due to these wild promises made and if owners hadnt made them first day we would all be quite happy with our team

Comment

We are also collecting outside the ground for QPR in the Community now where as before it was to buy the club a player!!!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                        I understand the kings frustrations,I think the main problem arises from all the wild promises made by our owners when they took over,they put us in wonderland and many,including myself foolishly believed the hype.As for progress on the field,well there has been progress in the past 2 years ,we have moved fro a relagation battling team to a midtable(last season) to maybe a 8-9th position team this year,is that progress,yes,but nothing like the progress we were led to believe.I honestly feel any expectations us fans have is due to these wild promises made and if owners hadnt made them first day we would all be quite happy with our team
                        Wild promises... They said we'll be a Premiership side within four year. It's two years I think this October... If our supporters can't count to four the board might as well give up as the fans will never be happy! Flavio mentioned about the Champions League but that was in a laugh and joking manner.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                          Agree mate.The board have secured our club financially.Does the original poster want us to revert to the days of passing the collection bucket round?.

The named players above have improved us immensly.
                          No they haven't. It only remains secure for the length of Flavio/Lakshmi's interest is sustained. These are loans provided to the football club and also worth noting that the ground is now out of the Club's ownership (and yes, that's different to ABC before that question gets raised) and owned by Amit and Flavio through Sarita.

It's noting like the situations at Man City (cash given as gift and already written off) and Chelsea (although never confirmed - thought to be loans from Abramovich BUT protected through Chelsea Pitch Owners Association and, believe it or not, through Ken Bates 101 year lease on his flat)

We are merely a click of Flavio's fingers away from having those buckets out again. Worth remembering.

Comment

We are also a click away from him handing over to Mittal for a quick buck, also worth remembering that to.

Don't think, we would have any problems if that happened, do you?
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                            X