Business end of the transfer window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business end of the transfer window

After lots of wild talk linking us with just about everybody I get the impression we now might be linked with players that we have a realistic chance of signing (just a hunch, cd be disappointed again). IF our starting 11 were to look SOMETHING like this, do you think it wd be enough to stay up?

Kenny

Young Onouha Ferdinand Taiwo

SWP Barton Buz/ Mali bloke Traore/ Moses

Two of: HH/ Rodegga/ Adel

IF Mark Hughes cd make that team gel I can't believe there aren't at least three teams worse than that in the Prem. Throw in Samba and you cd be looking at a mid-table side. Thoughts?

Decent quick team there stainrod.

Obviously up front is still an issue but with a bit of juggling all round I agree their is defo 3 worst than that in the league.

Players need to bed in & start performing super fast though & with imo the most important games of our season in the next month (Villa, Wolves, Blackburn & Bolton) we have no margin for error.

I'm confident.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      After lots of wild talk linking us with just about everybody I get the impression we now might be linked with players that we have a realistic chance of signing (just a hunch, cd be disappointed again). IF our starting 11 were to look SOMETHING like this, do you think it wd be enough to stay up?

Kenny

Young Onouha Ferdinand Taiwo

SWP Barton Buz/ Mali bloke Traore/ Moses

Two of: HH/ Rodegga/ Adel

IF Mark Hughes cd make that team gel I can't believe there aren't at least three teams worse than that in the Prem. Throw in Samba and you cd be looking at a mid-table side. Thoughts?
      That team is good enough for a top 10 finish ,,,,starting from where we are .

Great starting 11 and a blinding bench to boot !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        Decent quick team there stainrod.

Obviously up front is still an issue but with a bit of juggling all round I agree their is defo 3 worst than that in the league.

Players need to bed in & start performing super fast though & with imo the most important games of our season in the next month (Villa, Wolves, Blackburn & Bolton) we have no margin for error.

I'm confident.
        Agree with that, three years on from Dexter - who wasn't exactly Didier Drogba - we still wouldn't have a centre forward in the Danny Graham class let alone a really top striker. But there should be enough goals from half a dozen players there to spread the load. Personally I'd be tempted by a cheeky bid - loan with a view to a perm - for Kalou, who seems on his way out at Chelsea.

Comment

Must admit I'm not a big admirer of Soloman aintgotakalou but he is not a bad player.

Never really had a proper run but always seems to get his fair share of goals for the other lot. Could be worth a cheeky enquiry.

Comment

Affectionately known in SW13 as ......Kalueless !!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X