Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oliver holt/ Mirror

CONCERNS AT QPR
    today in his colunm says that there are concerns that T.F. is able to find the financial clout to do the tranfers he boasted of this January
    could be an interesting time at QPR

is there a link for this?...

Comment

I predict an eight page thread coming up :drunk:

Comment

he isnt a rich man not in football terms, quite poss true
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I wouldn't get too worried. We wouldn't be buying land for new facilities, and more for a new stadium if he didn't have the clout.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Oliver Holt sh!t stirring plain & simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
              CONCERNS AT QPR
              today in his colunm says that there are concerns that T.F. is able to find the financial clout to do the tranfers he boasted of this January
              could be an interesting time at QPR
              Even if true, Lakshmi Mittal has a little clout... :pleasantsuprise:
              R T I D :yush:

Comment

Holt is a fear mongering sports storyteller who makes it up as he goes along

Ignore this weak excuse of a journalist

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  Oliver Holt sh!t stirring plain & simple.

The man is a journalistic clown
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Oh well that's that I suppose,might as well go and support Chelsea now

Comment

He may be stirring but I can't say I haven't wondered the same myself. TF is supposedly worth £400m or so but surely that's all wrapped up in the value of his businesses. Does he really have all this free cash to spare?

Who knows how much the rest of the consortium and the Mittals are putting in or are willing to put in though. But it's worth bearing in mind and trying not to get too carried away at least.

Comment

What people constantly overlook is TF is one of THREE investors from Malaysia who bought the 60pc stake. They are sometimes referred to, often go to games , and are in relatively equal worth to TF. Tony is just the Chairman and does the media stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Westbyfleetr View Post
                          What people constantly overlook is TF is one of THREE investors from Malaysia who bought the 60pc stake. They are sometimes referred to, often go to games , and are in relatively equal worth to TF. Tony is just the Chairman and does the media stuff.
                          True and Mittal has a few spare £££s too. Afterall, he did offer to buy the club from Tango & Cash, so is surely committed enough to want to spend some money to try and get the club moving up the table.

Comment

It's easy to come up with explanations. After all, it's what we most want to hear. I'm sure Portsmouth and Leeds fans had lots of "surely" this and "logically" that.

Still it would be nice to have a few facts somewhere along the line, just a little transparency. If it looks too good to be true..

Comment

Oliver Holt was close to the Briatore regime and took lots of hospitality so might be trouble making.

That said though the financing of our club remains as clear as mud. Is Fernandes the major shareholder in his own right (in which case, in prem terms, he clearly doesn't have the clout to make big signings) or does he merely represent a consortium, and if so who are these people and what are their assets? And do the Mittels put money into transfers proportional to their shareholding or are they loaning Fernandes money to buy players/ run the club?

I've no answer to these questions but AS THINGS STAND we have signed one player on loan and for all the talk of Zamora etc there is no sign YET that anything is actually happening on any major signings. Of course still a week till deadline.

Our natural reaction as supporters is to attack anyone who attacks our club but there are questions that should interest all fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X