X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugo Rodallega

Surely this would be worth a punt

Reported on SKY that he is out of contract in the summer

Roberto Martinez claims he would rather take a risk and keep Hugo Rodallega until the end of season than offload him in January.

The Colombia international will see his contract with Wigan expire in the summer, casting him into the free agent market.

He said: "We are going to leave the contract talks for now.

"In our position we haven't got the money other clubs have got to go out and spend but we don't have to sell if we don't feel it is right for the club.

To be fair, him and Moses were a bit of a handful on Saturday. But he has only scored two goals all season, allbeit in the lowest scoring team in the country. Obviously not creating much.

Comment

I mentioned this in another post yesterday , would defiantly have him but wouldn't pay more then 3-4m for him .

Comment

Always liked Rodallega. We could do far worse this window, he's a more dynamic sort of player than we currently have.

I think under someone like Hughes he could become a 15-18 goal a season player.

Comment

Think id prefer Moses as he seemed very lively on the left in the first half

Comment

I'd sign him has great feet and is good in the air

Comment

Certainly a very talented player but never seems to put a decent shift in. Should be doing a lot better with his career.

Comment

I think he could be a great player. He hasn't got loads of goals at Wigan, but do they create a lot?

I think he still holds the record for the mount of goals scored in a South American qualifying campaign (for a major tournament) so definitely has something....

Comment

IMO both Rodallega and Moses have poor great goal scoring records, Moses descion making is poor always trying to beat the extra man and his shooting isnt up to much either, and Rodallega for a striker has a rate of 1 in 4.

Were i would agree that they are better than what we have now, i would argue that they are not MUCH better, and for the combined cost of £6 to £8 million both would cost you I would prefer we spent this on a play or players who are FAR better than we have now and allow us to grow and improve our postion as these are the strike force for a team that have scored less than us.
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

I would make a offer, because he walks away in June out of contract..

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      I would make a offer, because he walks away in June out of contract..
                      Nothing to lose really. They may be resigned to relegation anyway, and think that combined with losing a top player for nothing it too much to bear for a small club, so you could force their hand. I reckon £2m would get him and if not forget it.

Comment

Working...
                      X