Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spend too much with no infrastructure.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spend too much with no infrastructure.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16706372.stm

Pompey in deep s hit
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Give it up mate.. to many on here just want to talk money and spending recklessly.. will fall on deaf ears!!

Comment

if only they had some decent players we could go pillage before they go bust

Comment

"Never mind that, get the check-book out."

That's the legacy of Harry's spending, but meanwhile his rake-offs are in his Monacco bank account and he's moved on to bigger and better things, meanwhile the club is up the creek.

On a less elevated note, do they still have any players worth raping them for?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

That's the legacy of Harry's spending, but meanwhile his rake-offs are in his Monacco bank account and he's moved on to bigger and better things, meanwhile the club is up the creek.

On the subject of ol' Saggy Face; you been reading up on the court case? Apparently he had in his contracts at Wet Spam & Pompey that any player he sold for a profit on what they bought him for, he got 10% of the profit..... Sly old dog! No wonder he's got a £10Mill gaff in Sandbanks.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

That's what makes me laugh about Redknapp, Portsmouth are in the s### since he left and he never seems to get any of the blame. Yet at Leeds ol David O Leary still gets blamed for the mess there. Think Redknapp has friends in the press.
            Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

Originally posted by mat72 View Post
              That's what makes me laugh about Redknapp, Portsmouth are in the s### since he left and he never seems to get any of the blame. Yet at Leeds ol David O Leary still gets blamed for the mess there. Think Redknapp has friends in the press.

Think he'll be having friends in the showers if this court case goes against him!!
              2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Not defending Ol ' Harry for one moment, let's face it he is from the George Graham & Terry Venables school of finance.

A manager having a sell on fee on players is something that I don't think is uncommon, or at lease not a first. I'm pretty sure Gerry had one in at least one of his spells with us, and I think Holloway had one with either Plymouth or Blackpool. Some clubs saw it as way of trying to get managers to create the club money. Buy a player for £2 million sell him for £5 million sort of thing. Basically a commission if you like

Pompey have been in trouble for ages and the writing has been on the wall for a while. How they've managed to cheat it this long and still bring in players on big money (Lawrence and Kitson) is something only the FA can answer!

Comment

Working...
                X