Impact of No or Limied Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of No or Limied Signings

Mark Hughes would have signed for us only after meeting with the board and ensuring that thier ambitions is as big as his. I am sure he would found out and agree budgets and players not only for Jan but for the summer too.

Now with 8 days to go, being linked with more people than sailed on the QE2 we still only have 1 loan from Man U and another possible if the papers are to believe from AC and the board have since annouced they will only do sensiable business.

This last statement by the club is worring, as everyone knows you only do sensible business in the summer, Jan is all about the lower clubs spending to ensure survival and the top clubs trying for throphies as a result everything including wages are over the top. If we stick by these rules and end up not matching what was said and agreed with Hughes in his interview how is he going to take it. Pride and acheivements me a hell of a lot to him, and the fact he has always eneded up in the top half (apart from once) is a record he is proud of and one he would not want to tarnish.

If this happens and he feels let down and that the clubs ambition was all talk and he can prove that promises were not kept what will he do? as well know he is not frightend to take any action (signs of a good manager).

As the longer we play hard ball may save us a few bob (quite a lot actualy) but will mean the less time we have for the team to gell thiscould quite easily cost us points and could make Mark Hughs do a rethink as we are now penny pinching (in football terms).

The expectations I have, have been set by, Phil B, Tony F and Amit B due to the high profile manager in MH they signed and talk they have all made.

Could be exciting and interesting times if we do or dont make signings.
    One for all.... and all for one

Actually, the expectations you have arise from rumours on message boards and twaddle printed in newspapers and on the SSN yellow ticker.

I don't recall anyone in the Club saying we intend to spend millions and bring in a bunch of over paid prima donnas that may or may not want to play for us, be fit enough to play for us or even be available on a transfer for us to sign.

Mind you, the rumour I just heard is that our board has a big room in a top London hotel where they currently have a host of Chairmen of other Clubs lying on the floor while messrs Beard, Fernandez and Hughes tickle their tummies, stroke their egos and count out gross amounts of fifty pound notes to secure some deals
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

If only the AC Milan guy on loan then MH will be really up against it to keep us up,not impossible but very very difficult.Add Samba,a decent midfielder and a quality striker and I'd fancy our chances of staying up.

Comment

I think MH has been in the game long enough to realise how hard it is to get the right people in, in january, he will however revamp the squad in the summer,imo.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
          I think MH has been in the game long enough to realise how hard it is to get the right people in, in january, he will however revamp the squad in the summer,imo.
          Big problem with that is we could be back in the championship

Comment

mark hughes can't go anywhere in a hurry. like it or not he needs to put in a decent shift at rangers after the fulham debacle - am sure he knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              If only the AC Milan guy on loan then MH will be really up against it to keep us up,not impossible but very very difficult.Add Samba,a decent midfielder and a quality striker and I'd fancy our chances of staying up.
              If those 3 you mention aren't brought in and he keeps us up it will be an amazing piece of football management!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                If those 3 you mention aren't brought in and he keeps us up it will be an amazing piece of football management!
                He would become a legend if he picks us with with present squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                  Big problem with that is we could be back in the championship
                  I honestly think he would stay and get us back up...

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    I believe MH can do just that however I will feel more confident with at least one new cb before the transfer closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Actually, the expectations you have arise from rumours on message boards and twaddle printed in newspapers and on the SSN yellow ticker.

I don't recall anyone in the Club saying we intend to spend millions and bring in a bunch of over paid prima donnas that may or may not want to play for us, be fit enough to play for us or even be available on a transfer for us to sign.

Mind you, the rumour I just heard is that our board has a big room in a top London hotel where they currently have a host of Chairmen of other Clubs lying on the floor while messrs Beard, Fernandez and Hughes tickle their tummies, stroke their egos and count out gross amounts of fifty pound notes to secure some deals
                      Hi Bluehoop, actualy my expectations have come from interviews and tweeter comments made from both Amits and Tony's accounts as both have said they know whats needed to strengthen our squad in Jan and we will be signing players of quality.

I love the rumors and gossip but I am not one for taking anything but face value, but if our owners use these mediums to improve communications I will believe what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                        I honestly think he would stay and get us back up...
                        Yes probably but really really really don't want to be relegated,waited SO long to get here!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                          Hi Bluehoop, actualy my expectations have come from interviews and tweeter comments made from both Amits and Tony's accounts as both have said they know whats needed to strengthen our squad in Jan and we will be signing players of quality.

I love the rumors and gossip but I am not one for taking anything but face value, but if our owners use these mediums to improve communications I will believe what they say.
                          So perhaps, that is their intention. we all know how difficult it is to get business done in January but there should be no doubt they are working their nuts off to achieve their aims? If others don't want to do business with them there's not a lot that can be done about it IMO.

I would suggest we re-visit this topic once the window is shut and see just how much they achieved.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Remember almost everything went right for us last season, the Championship is a very tough league, there's no guarantee that we wouldn't languish there for years! Let's spend a bit more cash and stay up, it will be easier than trying to get back to the EPL!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              So perhaps, that is their intention. we all know how difficult it is to get business done in January but there should be no doubt they are working their nuts off to achieve their aims? If others don't want to do business with them there's not a lot that can be done about it IMO.

I would suggest we re-visit this topic once the window is shut and see just how much they achieved.
                              Hi Bluehoop, I would never doubt the effort or the amount of work they put into the club and i would never question there commitment or acheivements as to me they acheived so much already (Community trust, getting the fans pulling togther and signings made in the summer).

I only raise the question as i am not sure about how MH will react if all the hard work dosnt come off. Because if he sees it as penny pinching will he walk out on us like fulham.

This by the way is not a go at Hughes as I said I dont know him and was wandering what people thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X