Rumour Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour Mill

Is it me, or has this also gone a little flat over the past 3-4 days?

Which Mill?
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

the ITK rumour mongers have been well wide of the mark so no loss that they are not on here claiming immortal status

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
        the ITK rumour mongers have been well wide of the mark so no loss that they are not on here claiming immortal status
        True, but even if the ITK crew are struggling to even make anything up, then surely things aren't looking great.....

Comment

To be fair to the club, one person mentioned Taiwo before it became clear we were interested. Without Gianni it's kept quiet ... though it was those rumours that made me join this messageboard march 2009
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I think we have already added our most important player in this window...mark hughes

Comment

I think we have already added our most important player in this window...mark hughes

And he's made a brilliant new signing in Buzsaky too
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I do agree, but he still has a weak squad to work with.

We struggled past MK Dons and we got a win against Wigan, who are the poorest team in the League, good start but when we come up against better opposition, how will we fair......

Comment

I think it's looking very unlikely we'll bring more than 1 player after Taiwo- and that player looks like being Onuoha.

I can't believe we haven't got a Central Midfielder in- Buzz is short of full fitness, Derry has struggled in a number of games this season and Barton is prone to a suspension- we could be left badly exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcGeoghan View Post
                    I do agree, but he still has a weak squad to work with.

We struggled past MK Dons and we got a win against Wigan, who are the poorest team in the League, good start but when we come up against better opposition, how will we fair......
                    Mk Dons was the 2nd game in 3 days with lots of pressure on us to win, whereas they'd had 10 days rest and nothing to lose. Not surprising we weren't like Brazil.

As for Wigan, yes they are bottom of the league, but only last week Man City only beat them by a single goal... we beat the by 2, had a pen saved and fluffed many more chances. It doesn't mean we're better than Man city, but the point is, regardless of opposition in the league, none of them are mugs, and a good win is a good win.

Comment

Would totally agree re.. Hughes best signing this club has made since Venables as coach imo. Apart from Taiwo really cant see anyone else coming in, maybe a centre back thats what the club really want.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                        Would totally agree re.. Hughes best signing this club has made since Venables as coach imo. Apart from Taiwo really cant see anyone else coming in, maybe a centre back thats what the club really want.
                        There will be people coming in guaranteed. Maybe not our first choices, but the transfer window will come to life in a few days with all clubs getting involved and then watch the fireworks, mark my words.

I think we will get Taiwo and 3 others personally. A CB, a Midfielder, and a forward.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
                          I think it's looking very unlikely we'll bring more than 1 player after Taiwo- and that player looks like being Onuoha.

I can't believe we haven't got a Central Midfielder in- Buzz is short of full fitness, Derry has struggled in a number of games this season and Barton is prone to a suspension- we could be left badly exposed.

Why do say that? There´s plenty of time left to do business.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

I've had more joy out of my pepper mill

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Why do say that? There´s plenty of time left to do business.
                              It's been a very quiet window so far, not many players seem to want a move and even fewer clubs seem to want to sell.

Also it seems that under the new regime we are being very very thorough with negotiations and deals, whereas under previous management I got the impression players were signed without much thought going into them.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it could be a quiet few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X