Our transfer policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our transfer policy

Risk of failure OR calculated brilliance.....

Waiting till 31st isnt the wisest idea in my opinion.

Or even business as usual because the vast majority of transfers in January go through at the last minute......

Comment

Whats wrong with it is mouthing about who we want,just doit then talk
      Last edited by loftlag; 24-01-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        Risk of failure OR calculated brilliance.....

Waiting till 31st isnt the wisest idea in my opinion.
        As per the other transfer thread, have faith, don't panic... even if some fail, there will be numerous enquiries / discussions about lots of players ongoing, with the intention of bringing in X amount in various required positions. Most will befinalised in the last 2-3 days of the window when teams start to make their moves and it creates a knock on domino effect.

Comment

Hardly anyone has done business at the moment, even teams in greater need than us so I'm not worried yet. This is notoriously a difficult window to do business in & twin that with players & agents wanting maximum £ on deals & clubs not wanting to pay maximum its a difficult situation. As this week moves on players who have wanted more money than originally agreed (mentioning no names) & agents who want their players moved will start to crack & that will be in our favour.

I agree though it is not ideal sailing so close to the wind but that really is the nature of the business. A club of our size is very unlikely bar the odd occasion to have a good player signed sealed & delivered early doors because in reality their will always be a better option out there. Not nice but true.

Comment

Not te mention Jan isn't the best for the players often... if any have 6 months left on their contract, they will often wait unti lthe summer when they will be free agents to secure more wages and a bigger sining on fee.

Any with 18 months left will often stay at their club until the summer in the hope the fact they'd only have a year left their club may buckle and give them a longer deal, or risk witing a further 6 months when the player can negotiate pre contract agreements with other clubs.

Ric, with the Taiwo loan deal, do you know if we have it written in the deal that we can choose to sign on a permanent deal if we stay up, ie, effectively a done deal if it's our choice. Or is it up to him to stay if we stay up?

I hope not the latter, becasue if he has a blinding 5 months then there will be plenty of takers in the summer if we haven't secured the deal already.....

Comment

I'm not sure mate. Didn't even hear a mention of his name before it was said on here. Agree with your point though defo.

Comment

No more premier league games between now and deadline day and with saturday's win we may just get away with this plan (if it was one to begin with).

Comment

We seem way too laid back for my liking,3 weeks into the window and nobody signed.

Comment

Come on, Mark Hughes has been here a fortnight, I expected to have won the Champions League by now...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Come on, Mark Hughes has been here a fortnight, I expected to have won the Champions League by now...
                      2 wins from 3, thats just not good enough

Comment

Working...
                      X