Forwards needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwards needed

Lets not forget people.....we are desperately short up front.

Don't like the fact we are not being linked with anyone. We will go down without at least one quality forward signing.
    :drunk:

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post

Don't like the fact we are not being linked with anyone. We will go down without at least one quality forward signing.
    Totally agree.

The most neglected and ignored position since Furlong hung up his boots.

HH is having a good year this year but he can't be expected to do it all on his own.

All these defenders being talked up and linked on a daily basis but where are the goals gonna come from.

You just can't win games without scoring a goal. - Fact.

Comment

Agreed,surely Hughes is working on this as we speak

Comment

What on earth happens if Heidar gets injured, as is bound to happen before long?

Comment

I've been saying this for weeks.All our attention seems to be on defenders and mid-fielders.We've been linked through the media with Defoe,Zamora,Santa Cruz,Johnson and Zarate (plus the Henrique debacle),yet nothing mentioned by the club.
          We've too many under-performing strikers in the likes Bothroyd,Campbell and Macheda plus baggage in the form of Ageymang and Hulse.When are the club going to address the striker issue,with the likes of Rhodes,Maynard,Jelnavic and Pav being banded around.In fact Pav has signed a two year extension to his contract,but Spurs are saying he is still for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
            I've been saying this for weeks.All our attention seems to be on defenders and mid-fielders.We've been linked through the media with Defoe,Zamora,Santa Cruz,Johnson and Zarate (plus the Henrique debacle),yet nothing mentioned by the club.
            We've too many under-performing strikers in the likes Bothroyd,Campbell and Macheda plus baggage in the form of Ageymang and Hulse.When are the club going to address the striker issue,with the likes of Rhodes,Maynard,Jelnavic and Pav being banded around.In fact Pav has signed a two year extension to his contract,but Spurs are saying he is still for sale.
            The lesser specualtion the better.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

They will be doing something in the background on the quiet no doubt... I wouldn't be surprised if RSC joined, and there was talk of Zarate... would love to get him on loan if not perm.

Comment

One thing that makes me laugh is that many of us for a long time have mentioned what could be called 'lower league strikers' as a decent option for us yet always get blown out of the water with comments like 'haven't done it at the top level' or 'no thanks much better out there'

Well forgive me for being naïve but I'd rather a young hungry striker out to prove a point than NO ONE which is what we've literally had for how many years now. We got promoted mainly on the back of Adel's (a midfielder) 19 goals & 22 assists. Plenty of young strikers I'd take a punt on.

Jordan Rhodes
                Rickie Lambert
                Nicky Maynard

Are all young strikers we should of gone for a long time ago in my book. Yes if we were constantly in for good strikers maybe not we never are, are we?

Comment

Maynard at only £2million must be a good deal
                  now Wigan after him
                  http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Comment

Lambert is 29. Maynard's not exactly young at 25 either.

Was saying yesterday I agree with the general sentiment re lower league buys, but all the value I could see was in defence rather than in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      One thing that makes me laugh is that many of us for a long time have mentioned what could be called 'lower league strikers' as a decent option for us yet always get blown out of the water with comments like 'haven't done it at the top level' or 'no thanks much better out there'

Well forgive me for being naïve but I'd rather a young hungry striker out to prove a point than NO ONE which is what we've literally had for how many years now. We got promoted mainly on the back of Adel's (a midfielder) 19 goals & 22 assists. Plenty of young strikers I'd take a punt on.

Jordan Rhodes
                      Rickie Lambert
                      Nicky Maynard

Are all young strikers we should of gone for a long time ago in my book. Yes if we were constantly in for good strikers maybe not we never are, are we?

I agree that it would be great to have a hot young prospect to bring into the side, but the problem with the likes of Rhodes is many on here would suggest he could be the answer.... when not even proven at Championship level. yes he could be a worldy in a few years, but he could fail also.

I would like to see maybe a prospect signed along with RSC or someone of that calibre so the pressure isn't all on their shoulders.

I would prefer Lambert or Maynard to Rhodes. Both have proved themselves at a higher level. At the end of the day, DJ got 13 goals for Blackpool in the prem last year and suddenly people said he was a class act, regardless of the fact he'd beem a failure most places he'd been previously, and certainly less of a success than the above mentioned players, so there's no reason they couldn't do what he did last year, or Holt / Graham are for the other promoted teams.

Comment

Jay Rodriguez at Burnley might be worth a punt actually. But I wouldn't rely on him to pick up the Prem pace right away either.

Terrible time of year to buy strikers really.

Comment

Helguson and Campbell - fitness permitting, obviously - are a better bet than any of these names for us right now. Plus when Traore gets back we can move Mackie up front, and I daresay he'll do a better job there than on the wing.

Comment

Agree with all points but my point mainly being someone who knows where the net is, is surely better than no one at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                              Helguson and Campbell - fitness permitting, obviously - are a better bet than any of these names for us right now. Plus when Traore gets back we can move Mackie up front, and I daresay he'll do a better job there than on the wing.
                              Mackie would do a better job up top than on the wing as he'd have less players in front of him to run into... I still wouldn't play him ahead of others in the squad though.

Comment

Working...
                              X