Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terry and Ferdinand. Blown out of proportion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry and Ferdinand. Blown out of proportion?

Okay, firstly let me state that I don't have a racist bone in my body. People are people no matter what colour, age, race they are. Makes no difference to me. I am however going to play devils advocate for the sake of discussion and opinion, which is after all what these forums are about.

So, the question is, is what John Terry "allegedly" said really that bad?

The reason I say this is had it been the other way round and Ferdinand called Terry "A white c**t", would there have been this massive uproar leading to court appearances.
    In actual fact, in pretty much everyones view it would have been 100% correct. John Terry IS white and he IS a c**t.....fact

The human being which is John Terry, is a wrongun, no matter what colour he is. He is also white....fact. Anton Ferdinand IS black. (okay you can argue about colour of skin/mixed race but essentially...black)

Against MK Dons, their left back was getting heaps of abuse from one person in R Block and it was, cruel but funny. "Get up you fat, ginger, c**t"...was met with howls of laughter. The linesman was called a "skinny bald pr**k" almost every decision he made. All very descriptive, funny and apart from the swear words...accurate.

Substitute the word ginger or bald for the word black and there would have been a massive intake of breath, tumbleweed type silence with looks shot towards the guy that said it and probably an eviction from the stand.

So what is it about the word "black" that creates this racist fever. If Terry had just called him a c**t.......he may have been booked or sent off for foul and abusive language at most. Nobody would have taken offence.

Have we all become massively over sensitised over that one word. I don't recall Spurs fans being arrested in their hundreds as they proudly sung the Adebayor song, which was massively offensive but guess what, didn't contain the B word.

If you want to hear and see racism at it's worst at football grounds, go to the continent, which hasn't moved on since the 80's unlike the UK. The chanting, throwing of bananas, the actions...hideous and grotesque.

As far as I knew and I might be wildly old fashion or out of date, black people wanted to be called black, as opposed to coloured and quite rightly so. It is their history and heritage and they are as proud to be black as I am to be white, so why is it now not acceptable to use the word black in certain circumstances. There are far worse things a white person could call a black person which again would be hiddeously offensive, than the word black.

Like I said, I am in no way condoning either racism of any sort, or what Terry said, and certainly not defending the **** bag himself, and I appreciate that there is no room for it at all and certainly not in the sporting arena. I hope he gets the book thrown at him and made an exampole of. He is lets not forget supposed to be our national teams captain and figurehead so should be acting as a role model, not the brain dead thug that we all know he is.

I can't however help but feel slightly confused as to why what he allegedly said is seen as so profoundly offensive (the c word in my mind is far worse than calling Ferdinand black) and that this has more to do with political correctness gone mad than a vile racist attack.

Anyway, that said, I shall be giving him dogs abuse next Saturday as I'm sure we all will.
    Last edited by dtig; 22-01-2012, 11:35 AM.
    Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

we did go around and around this when it happened. In the eyes of our law it is no worse than calling someone a Welsh ****. So, everyone who is self righteuos should think about that when calling Cardiff fans sheep shaggers.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I also think a lot of media coverage recently about the race issue has blown this up ten fold. But the colour of someone's skin will always superseed their country of origin. Probably more to do with history regarding slavery etc. I don't believe terry is a neo nazi klu klux klan member, more likely used it as a very pot throw away comment just like I would call someone a fat ******. Even though I'm overweight it wouldnt bother me if I got that abuse. But if I used that language in a work place I probably would be dismissed. All things aside still think some people are jumping on
      The band wagon and before you know it we will be wired up so we can have our thoughts checked to see if we're not thinking out of the lines of political correctness.

Comment

That guy in R Block sounds like a riot. Honestly, was it *that* funny? Bet his wife only lets him out at weekends.

Comment

Working...
        X