Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigan

I know its an old cliche that the table does not lie but have to say I am very surprised that Wigan are where they are as the most part they looked a very decent team especially Moses and their keeper who were both excellent

Martinez has done a great job there on very limited resources and it cannot be too long before one of the big clubs takes him

I agree - its a strange one. Defence is the only reason. They have some flair when they turn it on and their free kick was equal to Buz's.

I think they are a cert for going down, yet they seem far more capable of beating good sides than Wolves.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

to me hugo rodallega,moses and al habsi are there only good players the rest of them are average.

Comment

Seemed to give us a lot of space outside their box -- look at the amount of room Smith had when he scored.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
          Seemed to give us a lot of space outside their box -- look at the amount of room Smith had when he scored.
          They were chasing the game and throwing men forward

Comment

They knock it about well but make schoolboy errors.

Comment

They tried to knock the ball about even when under pressure. Played it out from the back and didn't panic too much. Shame to see them go (if they do).

Comment

392 fans suggest not a shame to see them go

Watson their best player yesterday

Comment

Blimey, they were the worst team I've seen all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
                    Blimey, they were the worst team I've seen all season.
                    I agree they are very weak as a side. We had a great win yesterday but they made us look a lot better than suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      They were chasing the game and throwing men forward
                      They might have been chasing the game but Smith ran from his own box and no one bothered to track him.

Comment

This was the same Wigan team that caused man city loads of problems last week could
                        Have got a draw also drew with Cheshire few games ago

Give us some credit we made them look
                        Poor

Comment

In possession they look OK up to the final third, but too many errors. Main issue is defending. When they don't have the ball, they are poor at closing down quick enuf, in midfield mainly, causes the defence to panic.

Comment

I agree - I think Wigan are a tidy team. I don't think there's that much between 90% of teams in this league.... Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn all have some classy players..... reason they're down the bottom is their failure to click in too many games. Also, I think that once a team's sucked into the bottom 3 for any length of time a sort of nervousness and lack of confidence seeps through a side. We were perilously close to getting mired in to that sort of situation and that's why TF simply had to act. I'd hope MH and yesterday's 3pts will be the launchpad for some consistency and belief in our lads (and probably a huge dent in Wigan's confidence going forwatrds too).

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                              In possession they look OK up to the final third, but too many errors. Main issue is defending. When they don't have the ball, they are poor at closing down quick enuf, in midfield mainly, causes the defence to panic.

It reminds me of a certain club from London(:kiss:

But not anymore, we´ve moved on. Hopefully.
                              Last edited by Shania; 22-01-2012, 04:42 PM.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X