Why itt is important to have more than one goal scorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why itt is important to have more than one goal scorer

I remember turning up at Anfield and The Emirates recently only to be told that Helguson was not playing. Straight away I thought that there was no chance of us scoring and I was proved correct.

Today, we had Helguson, Campbell, Buzsacky, Barton, Mackie and Smith in the team.

Although Campbell is yet to prove himself with us, he has done so at Blackpool in the Premier League. All the others can be relied jump to contribute a few throughout the season. Buzsacky is particularly useful to us at set pieces, something which we have been lacking in recent seasons.

Furthermore, I think the debate between Mackie and SWP has surely got to favour Mackie after today. The guy will score a few goals, SWP won't. Apart from being fast SWP provides nothing. Cannot cross, score or control/protect a ball. We can probably get someone better than both eventually but if I has to be one or the othe then Mackie gets my vote.

Mackie offers more than SWP???? SWP offer so much more and is not even playing in his best position because we have to accommodate mackie as he does not have the ability on the left. Got nothing against Mackie and like th bloke but come on!

Comment

Some might think back to when we got our new players in during the last transfer window. Some started well then had a dip in form. We then had a poor run of form.

NW and the coaching staff were replaced and now we appear to have a filter team with a game plan. This seems to point to a vast improvement in coaching techniques under the new manager. It's still the same group of players, and without Faurlin, Taarabt and Traore. For me, proper coaching is the key to getting the best out of an ordinary group of players.

Some may also remember Joey Barton saying that he found the training extremely easy and this indicates the players weren't being coached or training as they should have been at this level.

It's possible we have a few decent players who are responding positively to the change in regime.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
        Mackie offers more than SWP???? SWP offer so much more and is not even playing in his best position because we have to accommodate mackie as he does not have the ability on the left. Got nothing against Mackie and like th bloke but come on!

QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
          Yes he does offer more. People keep going on about him playing on the right. He does at times during the games but the guy cannot cross for toffee. His balance is very poor. He puts his head down and runs.

I guarantee that Mackie will score more goals than him this season. Furthermore, Mackie has defensive qualities which SWP doesnt have.

If it is one or the other i would have Mackie anyday.

SWP lost the ball soooo many times today. His control is appalling.

Comment

Working...
          X