QPR bid £3.5m for Spurs midfielder Steven Pienaar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR bid £3.5m for Spurs midfielder Steven Pienaar

Queens Park Rangers are making an improved £3.5million bid for Tottenham midfielder Steven Pienaar and want his South Africa teammate Daylon Claasen from Lierse.

More...

Its pointless Harry Rednapp just hoards players he wont let him leave .:yush:

Comment

oh

if only we could sign anybody it dosnt matter who it is really just someone
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprjack92 View Post
        Its pointless Harry Rednapp just hoards players he wont let him leave .:yush:
        Redknap has a squad to die for.Depth in all positions.

Damn right he wants to keep him.

Comment

Jan transfer deadline is like consterpation - nothing for ages, then suddenly... well, lets not go there. Smaller clubs are prob saying the same about us - why won't we let Mackie, Buz etc go, we have even recalled that young kid from Yeovil. We'll get some players - maybe not first choices, but second or third choices - on deadline and release a lot of our cr*p as well. Most of it showering on Cardiff I hope.

Comment

3.5m.thats a joke.he's worth 5-6m at least.we got AT for peanuts from harry.he wont get caught out again.if we really want pienaar we need to make a decent offer.FAST

Comment

Originally posted by Deise hoop View Post
              3.5m.thats a joke.he's worth 5-6m at least.we got AT for peanuts from harry.he wont get caught out again.if we really want pienaar we need to make a decent offer.FAST
              You say that but they got him for only £2m, arguably when his stock was higher as he'd had a great season, as opposed to now when he's been festering in the reserves.

I don't thin kit's the fee that's the issue here, just that Harry wants to maintain his squad for a title push.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                You say that but they got him for only £2m, arguably when his stock was higher as he'd had a great season, as opposed to now when he's been festering in the reserves.

I don't thin kit's the fee that's the issue here, just that Harry wants to maintain his squad for a title push.
                You are prob right Del, tho I think other clubs can smell our desperation. The word has also got round that we have some money at last. At the moment the club are playing quite a clever game keeping various options alive but eventually something will have to give.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  You are prob right Del, tho I think other clubs can smell our desperation. The word has also got round that we have some money at last. At the moment the club are playing quite a clever game keeping various options alive but eventually something will have to give.
                  Agreed, they are playing a cagey game at the minute, which in the summer is fine, but now we are risking precsious points in key matches by not having the players on board. IF come nearer the end of the window they will need to push the boad out and splash a few £m more than they'd hoped if that's what it takes to get the players MH thinks we need... after all, spend an extra £5m now and stay on the gravy train, or don't and get relegated possibly??

Personally i'd be happy for him to go abroad. That other South African looks a great player (vid on here earlier) and he can reportedly be had for £700k... that's a bargain when you consider similar level players over here, probably somoene like O HAra went for about £5m... Theer will be plenty of bargains out there and players that will want ot play in the prem. MH's coach Wiedzicki or whatever his name is, is meant to have an encyclopedic knowledge of footballers around the world, so sure a number of these names are from him.
                  Last edited by Del; 21-01-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Agreed, they are playing a cagey game at the minute, which in the summer is fine, but now we are risking precsious points in key matches by not having the players on board. IF come nearer the end of the window they will need to push the boad out and splash a few £m more than they'd hoped if that's what it takes to get the players MH thinks we need... after all, spend an extra £5m now and stay on the gravy train, or don't and get relegated possibly??

Personally i'd be happy for him to go abroad. That other South African looks a great player (vid on here earlier) and he can reportedly be had for £700k... that's a bargain when you consider similar level players over here, probably somoene like O HAra went for about £5m... Theer will be plenty of bargains out there and players that will want ot play in the prem. MH's coach Wiedzicki or whatever his name is, is meant to have an encyclopedic knowledge of footballers around the world, so sure a number of these names are from him.
                    Agreed. We have some money and fans want us to be flash and spend it for a change. Plus in fairness in our position we need players who will definately step up to the mark. But buying good players instead of cast offs is a lot, lot more difficult. Perhaps we are going to have to trust Hughes to find us the next Samba instead of the actual Samba. He did it once, albeit probably with a bit more time on his hands. Have to hope he can do the same again.

Comment

Agreed. We have some money and fans want us to be flash and spend it for a change. Plus in fairness in our position we need players who will definately step up to the mark. But buying good players instead of cast offs is a lot, lot more difficult. Perhaps we are going to have to trust Hughes to find us the next Samba instead of the actual Samba. He did it once, albeit probably with a bit more time on his hands. Have to hope he can do the same again.
                      Yeah but bear in mind he and his team would've known it was only a matter of time before they had another club, so they will have been checking out and keeping tabs on good players for ages i expect. No doubt the Taiwo deal came about because they knew he hadn't been gettign games and probably wants first team football, maybe this SA guy has made it known he wants to play in England, or Zarate / RSC want to play in England again.

Jan is always a farce for transfers, no doubt we'll bring in the loanees next week, everyone will panic that we won;t get anyone and then we'll sign 4 on the last day or something stupid...

Comment

... who also won't really perform and Hughes will turn round in the summer and say "this transfer window I want to get my business done early." And so the farce begins again.

Comment

I'm sure Hughes hasn't been idle since he left Fulham, he would have been working on a list of potential targets for his next appointment. I don't know anything about Hyland but we do need a player who can assume the DM role and if he can be had on the cheap could be worth a punt.

Comment

Working...
                          X