away form......discuss!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• away form......discuss!!!

right !!!now last couple of seasons we aint travelled too well we know but if our home form stays true to form how many away victories to realistically give ourselves a chance????? in this division i suggest seven or eight with as many draws again is a minimum to mount a challange????
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Trouble is i am not sure if Jim is an away day manager .Hope we do better than last year though
    God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

cant be any worse old son............sometimes you need to be brave away and go for it rather than sit back and take a tonking!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
        right !!!now last couple of seasons we aint travelled too well we know but if our home form stays true to form how many away victories to realistically give ourselves a chance????? in this division i suggest seven or eight with as many draws again is a minimum to mount a challange????
        no club (in the last 13 years have automatically been promoted (Championship & old 2nd Div) with less then 9 away wins, Barnsley being the last with 8 away wins......so i reckon we need at least 9 away wins

Comment

id 'suffer' another away 3 pointer old chap!!!!

Comment

about 30 pts needed anyhow we can get them,so you are on the money;about 8 wins and at least 6 draws and hopefully more.added to 15 or more wins at home should be enough for play off

Comment

I think our squad as it stands will be better suited to away games, we have one hell of a team for the counter attack.
              My worry is with the lack of a propper strike force, the home games will suffer and what we have in flair we lack in muscle!
              I do not believe we have all the pieces for a promotion pushing team yet, we are close yes but I fear not quite close enough, however I do think we will see some good football this season.
              Balanta could make the mark this season, he is showing the right signs but he is young and that will be a huge expectation if he is to shoulder it alone. I cannot comment on the Italian as yet as I have not seen him play.

My verdict is we will be generally happy but frustraited again by the amount of chances that will go begging! I predict 8th.

Comment

We have always had problem with away winning mentality, a problem no manager has sorted out yet. On average we win around 4-6 away games per season. This has been the main problem of not being able to reach the playoffs specially last season when we had a good home record. One of JM's job should be to give the players confidence in away games and adopt more attacking football in those games. This should be through avoiding a lone striker approach in those games which gives an impression to the opponent that we have come for 0-0.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

The squad reeks of counterattacking options so im optimistic for a good away record this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                    The squad reeks of counterattacking options so im optimistic for a good away record this season.
                    Very true, but with our new no9 Helguson leading the line i'm not optomistic. We need a striker who will take the chances when we create them.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                      Very true, but with our new no9 Helguson leading the line i'm not optomistic. We need a striker who will take the chances when we create them.
                      who needs a centre forward when there's goals galore from the rest of the team ;D;D;D

Comment

Working...
                      X