Slightly Nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly Nervous

I was just wondering if anyone is starting to become slightly nervous purely down to the lack of signings as there are now only 9 days left of the window.

I know everyone will probably shoot me down, but it's just becoming slightly worrying that despite talk before the window of

1 - Big investment in the club
    2 - A new manager,
    3 - An "alledged" 35 million pound war chest
    4 - Linked to some TOP tier Premier League players

So far, we have been linked with an unproven Brazilian (I know his credentials, but the PL is a different League to Brazil). The Alex saga is continuing and not yet announced, Samba looking increasingly inlikely and no other real nailed on links at present.

Why are we struggling, are players nervous to make the switch to us purely because they may risk relegation? Is the money being talked about actually there?

Just my thoughts really.

Me too
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I guess i'm alone on this one, LOL

Comment

You're not alone Dan.Silk purse and sow's ear come to mind.
        I thought we looked very ordinary in both games against MK Dons (two leagues below us) and I'm probably in the minority but think our lousey home form in the league will continue against Wigan.They looked very useful against Man City the other night and what looks like a relatively easy run over the next seven games,is full of banana skins.You must remember that to all but the two teams below us,we are starting to look like easy prey.

Comment

I feel reasonably confident we'll make some decent signings before the window closes, these things take time especially when we're in the tenuous position we're in. Wigan could be a write-off sadly though and the pressure is really beginning to build.

Comment

Wigan can't be a write off it's a must win game, We don't want to be cut adrift.

Comment

We go into Wigan minus our two best outfield players from the Championship winning side, underperforming new signings and the likes of Derry, Hill and Helguson creaking with another year past their prime. I'm worried. I'd have fancied our team from a year ago to perform better than the one we'll put out on Saturday.

Comment

We really need Barton to step forward and give us the performance we've been waiting for all season. If he can recreate his form from last year then we've got a hope. Looking at the lineup available for Saturday on paper he should be carrying our team but you just know it won't be the case. Surrounded by poorer players I don't think he will shine, whereas for Taarabt it had/has the opposite effect sometimes.

Comment

I'm just more concerned about the lack of business being done, who is negotiating our deals now?

Today looks like it may pass us by without another announcement and that leaves us with even less time to get anything done.

Comment

Anyone else as nervous as I am now.

Henrique looks like it could be dead and Alex is looking more and more in doubt.

With only 4.5 days left and only one loan signing on board, how would you rate our chances if nobody else comes in?

Also, why are we struggling so much to get deals over the line, where as back in the last window we seemed to be OK. All be it, sealing most of them in the last few days, so I guess there is still hope............

Comment

I am nervous, but at the same time, I think many deals will go to the wire as clubs will hold out for the best price possible / possibility of late interest from other clubs.

Prices may get realistic only at the point other offers are not forthcoming / the selling clubs become nervous they can't get a deal through at the price they are asking.

Comment

I think the club has everything under control. The lesser they talk the better.
                        It´s still time to get much needed players in.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X