African Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Nations

I think it's a right pain in the ass being two men down cos of this tournament.
    I think there should be rules that allow clubs with african internationals in their squad to have a larger squad in any year that the tournament takes place. So, f'rinstance we could have and use a 27-man squad this season.
    It'd mean we were not disadvantaged as much and would be supporting the development and stability of African footy.
    Under current rules I can see a gradual reluctance of teams to have Africans in their squads which would be detrimental to footy all round.

Hoping Morocco and Senegal get knocked out lol
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Think Morocco are one of the favs to win it?
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

in fairness the 25 man rule doesn't apply during the Jan transfer window so we could bring in, play anyone we want in much of the ACN period - doesn't compensate for losing AT and Traore.

Even if we brough in two extra players you're then stuck with them on contracts when the AFricans lads return

Comment

The problem is I think a lot of the other countries are not playing now (they have a winter break) so it does not effect them so much. Winter breaks have often been discussed in England but there does not appear to be much support for them. I think it might not be a bad idea. That way managers could concentrate on getting in new players during the transfer period without having to worry about other things.

Comment

i cant see why they dont play the ACON the same time of year they play the european cup or the world cup. in the summer break

Comment

sorry disagree, you sign these players you know that if they get called up you will miss them for this period.

If you dont want to miss them for this period dont sign them and get other players.

We all know the rules, its our choice
              One for all.... and all for one

Comment

tinpot tournament played in places no ones ever heard of and they eat boiled heads for breakfast!!!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                  sorry disagree, you sign these players you know that if they get called up you will miss them for this period.

If you dont want to miss them for this period dont sign them and get other players.

We all know the rules, its our choice
                  One of the reasons wenger stopped buying so many africans

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                    One of the reasons wenger stopped buying so many africans
                    That and the fact they started telling people of his "touching"
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      That and the fact they started telling people of his "touching"
                      He wasn't touching merely checking their health!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        tinpot tournament played in places no ones ever heard of and they eat boiled heads for breakfast!!!
                        Places people have never heard of and boiled heads for brekkie ?

Highlights both your racism and ignorance.

F@ck you, c@nt.

Comment

Originally posted by camembert View Post

F@ck you, c@nt.
                          Chill out he's having a laugh

Am sure the guardian has a forum you can go andjoin

Fk me stuff you see on footieforums and this upsets you?

Comment

Originally posted by camembert View Post

F@ck you, c@nt.
                            Well I ain't heard of BURKINA FASO !! Don't fink me geography teacher told me !

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                              Chill out he's having a laugh

Am sure the guardian has a forum you can go andjoin

Fk me stuff you see on footieforums and this upsets you?
                              It was a blase, off-hand comment I'm sure. Yet I believe a lack of ignorance/racism to be more important than football.
                              Last edited by camembert; 18-01-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X