surely we must go for deffoe now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surely we must go for deffoe now

his actual words are hes 29 years of age and he needs to start more games hes only had 7 starts this season and scored 7 goals,thats a 100 per cent conversion record,even if we have to part with ten million at least we can be sure hes going to score some goals for us

COME ON RANGERS LETS GET THIS GEEZER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE,AND LIVERPOOL GET HOLD OF HIM
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

I understand all this go for Alex or Samba or Defoe, but seriously where's all the money coming from for Salaries??
    How can little old qpr have so many 50k+ a week ballers on there books and survive?

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
      I understand all this go for Alex or Samba or Defoe, but seriously where's all the money coming from for Salaries??
      How can little old qpr have so many 50k+ a week ballers on there books and survive?
      couldnt agree more I fear our current policy is too similar to what happened at portsmouth and we all know what happened there, id rather see us invest in younger players who would actually have a sell on figure, wages would be cheaper and players would have a genuine hunger to play football which wasn't motivated by money. If we go down so be it at least we would have a squad which would be strong and would stand agood chance of going straight back up and plan properly.

I mean even if we buy all. these so called players we're not guaranteed to stay up. What happens then if we go down we're potentially stuck with a number of high wage earners on long contracts who don't want to play for us and with a relatively low return taking into account the initial outlay.

All I can say is whod be an owner of a football club

Comment

Premier league money and global exposure and of course a certain mr mittal !!

Comment

See i would rather see us relegated and come back up with sensible spending than go big and then bust!! Do what WBA did yo yo for a couple of years, there run very well.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
            his actual words are hes 29 years of age and he needs to start more games hes only had 7 starts this season and scored 7 goals,thats a 100 per cent conversion record,even if we have to part with ten million at least we can be sure hes going to score some goals for us

COME ON RANGERS LETS GET THIS GEEZER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE,AND LIVERPOOL GET HOLD OF HIM
            Ted - my No.1 choice would be Defoe but according to Ceefax/Daily Mirror,Spurs have slapped a £20m price tag on him after a £10m bid from Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Stocksy1976 View Post
              couldnt agree more I fear our current policy is too similar to what happened at portsmouth and we all know what happened there, id rather see us invest in younger players who would actually have a sell on figure, wages would be cheaper and players would have a genuine hunger to play football which wasn't motivated by money. If we go down so be it at least we would have a squad which would be strong and would stand agood chance of going straight back up and plan properly.

I mean even if we buy all. these so called players we're not guaranteed to stay up. What happens then if we go down we're potentially stuck with a number of high wage earners on long contracts who don't want to play for us and with a relatively low return taking into account the initial outlay.

All I can say is whod be an owner of a football club
              A good post fella and you make very good points but it will fall on deaf ears on here im afraid

Comment

The salaries being baded about for players in the Prem and even in the divisions below are insane. The thing is though with us is that it's a bit of a gamble right now. Do you try and sign players and pay more than you want to in order to stay up or do you risk going down and hoping you come back up.

A player like Alex and a couple of others mentioned would be tremendous signings and any contract he signs will have get out clauses in case we go down. Right now we have a vastly inflated squad which is bloated with players not contributing anything and earning a living we could only dream of. A lot of these deals are hangovers from the previous regime but a lot come to the end in the summer.

In the summer we have the following out of contract there may be more

Cerny , Shi2, Hill, Hall, Gabbidon, Perone, Rowlands, Cook, Agyemang, Vine, Akos, Dyer.

At a conservative estimate I reckon that's about £150 -200k per week you could lose and not really worry about it.

I't a tough one do you go for broke or look back and think if only. The plans TF has are based on a Premier League club, only he knows how he is going to play it.

Comment

Liverpool have said they are not interested because he is too old.

Comment

Working...
                  X