• Show
Clear All

• loftustoad
    replied
    I don't think its dumb atall

Leave a comment:

• QPRdan3
    replied
    That's just dumb. Under that thinking we should be paying Barton less due to the fact that he 'may' miss a lot of games through suspension?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HH

Yes. That is my understanding.

Personally if that is the case then I'm happy we are being so professional about the whole thing. Big big money involved.

Leave a comment:

• loftustoad
    replied
    No they're worried they aren't paying him enough I think. They want to over compensate because he's in such good condition. Adonis

Leave a comment:

• hhrangers
    replied
    Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    Word has it all agreed on Tuesday evening but something came up in the medical that Rangers are concerned about which therefore has affected the terms previously discussed. Don't want to say to much of what I was told as it is effectively hear say regardless that the source is top notch.

Put it this way bit of hard ball going on over it. To be continued...
    So basically they're Concerned about paying him top wages if he could get injured

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Word has it all agreed on Tuesday evening but something came up in the medical that Rangers are concerned about which therefore has affected the terms previously discussed. Don't want to say to much of what I was told as it is effectively hear say regardless that the source is top notch.

Put it this way bit of hard ball going on over it. To be continued...

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Jeez, i FEAR this game.

We must have a new defender in by saturday. A striker as well.

Leave a comment:

• Del
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonj10 View Post
    Yes maybe midfielder and striker are high on the list but i think both a CB and LB are also very high specially for wigan with the pace and skill they have going forward, which is surprising for a team in relegation zone!
    The thing with Wigan is they are decent going forward, although not clinical (hpe that's not tempted fete for the weekend), but they let their heads drop if they concede the first goal. Sunderland match typified this as they were all over Sunderland, hit the woodwork about 3 times when it was 0-0 and then lost 1-4.

I agree about priority not being CB's as i think Gabbidon has got a lot of undeserved stick off people. Everytime i've seen him he seems solid and comfortable on the ball, plus he and Anton compliment eachother well and know eachother's game inside out.

The problem we have is out defence are put under undue pressure becasue the score is always 0-0 as we don't look like scoring the other end. We need a spark and some creativity and strikers who will stand up and be counted, not drift wide and hide there rather than be in amongst it in the middle creating his own space so team mates can give him the ball where he can do some damage.

Leave a comment:

• Simonj10
    replied
    Yes maybe midfielder and striker are high on the list but i think both a CB and LB are also very high specially for wigan with the pace and skill they have going forward, which is surprising for a team in relegation zone!

Leave a comment:

• Bigdave
    replied
    Originally posted by ko qpr View Post
    I think it might just be me, but i'm not overly worried if this takes another while to go through, because i am quite happy with Ferdinand and Gabbidon together, i think they are a pretty decent partnership. I would be much more happy if we were to sign a midfielder or a striker, i think they are much higher prioritys
    Whilst Ferdinand and Gabbidon are no world beaters im with you on this. Given the choice id much rather a midfielder or striker was brought in intime for Saturday

Leave a comment:

• ko qpr
    replied
    I think it might just be me, but i'm not overly worried if this takes another while to go through, because i am quite happy with Ferdinand and Gabbidon together, i think they are a pretty decent partnership. I would be much more happy if we were to sign a midfielder or a striker, i think they are much higher prioritys

Leave a comment:

• Kevster269
    replied
    Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
    Could it be the later in week we announce signings the less amount of time
    Wigan can prepare for the team there going ro face?

I wondered that too but I think its just the usual saga of us trying to sign someone, anyone!

Leave a comment:

• rangerforevereastcote
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonj10 View Post
    K am tryi to make excuse as to why takin so long!
    Could it be the later in week we announce signings the less amount of time
    Wigan can prepare for the team there going ro face?

Leave a comment:

• Simonj10
    replied
    K am tryi to make excuse as to why takin so long!

Leave a comment:

• Westbyfleetr
    replied
    No he doesn't need a WP. Alex has dual EU nationality gained from three years playing in Holland (when Chelsea laoned him to PSV in order to get it)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X