Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Hughes blocks the sale of Jamie Mackie.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    You are not alone
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Took his goal well against Swansea

Comment

striker who was played wide.

has a job to do for our team. maybe not always starting XI but deffo apart of each matchday squad.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
          I must be alone in thinking that Mackie has done ok since his return. He has both created and scored goals and never gives up so for me, with some better coaching, I think he can develop into a very useful squad player. Let us not forget that he came to us from a side in league one and is still learning.
          I second that, mackie is a good player and I hope he stays..however it's not rocket science to play SWP on the right and mackie to be used as an impact sub..I never understood how warnock never saw it that way!!.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
            I must be alone in thinking that Mackie has done ok since his return.
            I agree, he has done well since his return. Personally i was amazed how sharp and fit he looked immediately after he came back. Some fans have turned on him as a result of his apparent favouritism, but as mentioned above, he can't be blamed for that.

I think to be fair, most people were against his selection, rather than him as it were. Whenever he plays, he gives 110% and plays to the best of his ability, and that is really all we can ask of anyone. The question is whether his best ability is good enough for us now, and i would have to say the jury's still out on that one. MH may be able to train him to become a better player because he certainly has a lot of good points, but needs to iron out the blind alley pointless runs, learn when to pass etc etc.... he could improve and be a very good squad player for a year at least.

Comment

Am i alone in thinking Jamie must really swallow and be better than a 100 baht thia brass ?!!

I wouldnt mind a go..........!!!!

Comment

With the greatest respect - How many of you that think Mackie has done okay actually go to most/all of the games? Not having a pop - just an honest question.

I ask because i see the people on this forum who attend most/all games eg Hammersmith, Ric Roc, Benny and yes myself think he is nowhere near good enough at this level. At best he could come on for 20 mins as an "impact sub". I just cannot see if you go to the games, you would think he should be playing or should not be moved on.

It is like the Arsenal away game for example. SWP played really well, was involved, looked dangerous and was a real plus point. Yes he was at fault for the goal but he was one of our better players. Mackie as usual was a passenger.
                I get back from the game to read from people on this forum "SWP is pony, useless, get rid of him, Mackie has done so much more, Would rather have Mackie everyday of the week"

Unbelievable! SWP had by far the better game than Mackie - but some just see the error and judge he was rubbish without seeing the game.

Like the lad for his effort and desire. But in the big league you need quality and ability which Mackie just does not have. His level is in the league we were Champions of last season.

Comment

SWP is better than Mackie, yes. I would pick SWP at RM all day long over Mackie.

BUT... I do feel Mackie gets a bum deal from alot of people. He doesnt choose to play over SWP, that was Warnock, and Mackie is hardly guna turn around and say "Tell ya what gaffer, I'm guna drop myself this week as Shauny is alot better than me at RM".

Yes he has games where he does naff all and simply runs around alot and cant control the ball too well. But then, who doesnt in our side? The vast majority of our squad have gone missing/had mares in a fair few games this season yet some of them dont get highlighted.

Mackie has chipped in with a couple of goals and assists this year, which is more than some players.

As for now on, I agree in that he should used as an impact sub and SWP should be starting in his bets position at RM.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Mackie is a good squad player and can score
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                      I get back from the game to read from people on this forum "SWP is pony, useless, get rid of him, Mackie has done so much more, Would rather have Mackie everyday of the week"

Unbelievable! SWP had by far the better game than Mackie - but some just see the error and judge he was rubbish without seeing the game.
                      I've not noticed any such comments, but not saying they weren't written, just i often avoid the board straight after a defeat due to frustration.

Anyone who did come out with such comments has probably been found and relocated back in their padded room in Broadmoor.

Comment

You certainly would have been alone if you had been at Highbury or countless other grounds this season where I don't think he touched the ball the entire match. Even against Swansea he was doing nothing before his admittedly v well taken goal.

Comment

sriously..must do something good in training and just not deliver on the pitch..?

I cannot fault anyone who gives thier best and all for us....just doesnt have the quality for the prem i fear?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Even against Swansea he was doing nothing before his admittedly v well taken goal.
                            If Adel did not touch the ball much or do nothing much in a game, but scored a goal what would you say, as I bet you would not be as dismissive as you are about being about Mackie. I think you would use words like that's why he simply MUST start........

Comment

I think Mackie was the main reason we lost the midfield.

Comment

Paul, Paul, Paul - give it a rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X