Hate to be a killjoy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate to be a killjoy...

but what makes everyone think Hughes will be loyal to us. People on here suggesting it's great because he's ambitious etc, however we don't have the money to be a top 8 club. If he does well with us, an offer from a bigger club may well come in and I'm pretty sure he'll leave. He doesn't exactly have a brilliant loyalty record does he.

Think it's a good appointment but not getting so carried away as others seem to be.

He is not yet appointed.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

If 20 odd million can't make us a mid table upwards team then we are ****.
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

To be perfectly honest mate if he keeps us up that's good enough for me!

I understand its about the long term but its QPR not Barcelona so just go with the flow don't look to far ahead & enjoy the ride.

Comment

this year has been a bit of a disaster to be honest. I thought it'd be fun the whole way (understood we'd loose a few games) but it's been a lot tougher than expected.

As Ric says - keep us up, that's all i care about. Next season is next season, but at the moment we can't say for certain whether we need to ensure we keep our big players for next year in the PL or if we need to consider off loading some if we are back in the Championshi*

Comment

ermm.... remember how we signed warnock???

he was a proper snake the way he treated palace,

not that i care, he was a hero for us

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              To be perfectly honest mate if he keeps us up that's good enough for me!

I understand its about the long term but its QPR not Barcelona so just go with the flow don't look to far ahead & enjoy the ride.
              Survival is all I want this season as well! We'll see how this works!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                If 20 odd million can't make us a mid table upwards team then we are ****.
                When the likes of Stuart Downing are bought for 20 million, it makes you realise how much silly money is thrown around. Hughes bought Roque Santa Cruz 17.5 million.

Comment

Agree about not getting carried away but for his own credibility Hughes needs to stick at a job for a decent stretch. If he makes us an established top half of the table side and vanishes after a couple of years I'd take that now.

Comment

Teams has man city by the short and curlys... They had an endless pot.
                    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post

Good point. Hope he's not just using us to get a bigger job. I suppose that's just a part of football. Can't really blame any manager/player for moving to a bigger club.

Comment

**** or bust literally this season.

Comment

These managers (Sir Alex excluded) all have a shelf life! Players, fans and owners eventually get tired of their ways and vice versa, it's the nature of the beast! As excited as most of us are here about Hughes coming in, he could be a bad fit and a total bust and we could still get relegated!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post

That's not entirely true.

Palace were in administration and he had no gaurantee of a job. He also stuck with them when they were not paying wages on time and only signed for QPR when compensation had been agreed.

As for Hughes, if he does take the job it will only be as a stepping stone. He left Fulham becuase his ambitions were not matched. They have a bigger ground and a better side than QPR, so I have no doubts he will move on if he succeeds.

Afterall, Fernandes may have plans, but until QPR get a bigger ground, QPR will never be able to spend £50-60M to build a top 6 squad unless the owners want to spend their own money with little hope of getting it back. Although Platini's plans may not even allow them to even give £50-60M per season to QPR. Perhaps Mittal Steel can sponsor the ground and shirts for that sum each season.

Comment

No such thing as loyalty,as said he keeps us up im a happy bunny.

Comment

Working...
                              X