Why no DJ Campbell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no DJ Campbell?

Seemed pretty likely yesterday when Sky reported it no today it seems to have gone cold anyone know why?

Think it has something to do with a better player at Spurs, but could be wrong
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

dos santos :D

Comment

why not have both, not as if we are spoilt for choice upfront.

Comment

It could be that maybe the board realise he is not good enough, and is more of a down grade to blackstock, which will not go down too well at all.

In all fairness, I really do not think the board know what they are doing in all honesty.

Comment

250k for a striker who got 9 in 20 looks pretty good value, particularly if we off-load a few more bed blockers

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              250k for a striker who got 9 in 20 looks pretty good value, particularly if we off-load a few more bed blockers
              agreed, where did you get the fee from by the way??

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Think it has something to do with a better player at Spurs, but could be wrong
                Ahh rite ok so Taarabt is an alternative to DJ! Makes sense when it was first mentioned i thought Taarabt would be used as winger but seems he wants to play up front in which case probably doesn't make sense to have the two of them! Shame becuase I for one was positive about bringing in Campbell! That said I'm more excited at a deal being done for Taarabt! Most skillful player in the league bar none!

Comment

Rather have DJ than Adel.
                  With Buzz, Faurlin, Cook, Routledge, Vine, Hogan and Balanta we already have players who can play off a main striker.... we don't have a main striker though

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                    In all fairness, I really do not think the board know what they are doing in all honesty.
                    Agree with this. It's about time we got a decent scouting department going, rather than taking stabs in the dark all the time.

To my mind, if we had someone who really knows their stuff when it comes to assessing players, the board could feel more confident in stumping up larger sums for what would be more calculated risks, rather than what seems to be random recommendations from agents.

And here's a novel idea.....we need to be prepared to target players who are actually still wanted by their clubs. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYERS WORTH KEEPING!
                    Last edited by Minty; 22-07-2009, 06:40 PM.
                    Be nice to Minty

Comment

Originally posted by USQRanger View Post
                      Rather have DJ than Adel.
                      With Buzz, Faurlin, Cook, Routledge, Vine, Hogan and Balanta we already have players who can play off a main striker.... we don't have a main striker though

That is a joke, right?:waaaht:
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

I too would rather have DJ over Adel. Adel to me seems a bit of a luxury player and although he is very talented, i thought he went missing in games due to his attitude. There was something very Ben Sahar about him.

Comment

Simple answer is that DJ Campbell is poor and GP has finally seen the light (anyone believing THAT would have been a Madge/Gorman deal is only kidding themselves)

Having said that, Taarabt is NOT a striker and cannot play off a striker. Needs to be out wide where his current lack of workrate doesn't damage the central spine of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                            I too would rather have DJ over Adel. Adel to me seems a bit of a luxury player and although he is very talented, i thought he went missing in games due to his attitude. There was something very Ben Sahar about him.
                            Youd rather DJ than Adel????

I can say for a fact you never saw Adel play, because if you did you simply would not say that.

And if you did to go games then, well..........

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                              Youd rather DJ than Adel????

I can say for a fact you never saw Adel play, because if you did you simply would not say that.

And if you did to go games then, well..........
                              As a season ticket holder in the paddocks (next to the dougouts), i saw plenty of Adel last season thank you very much. :scorn: Like i said he's a player of great ability and i'm happy he's joined but i'm just not sure he is what is required when the team isn't doing well. It's obvious that Adel is a better player than DJ but is it a left sided midfieler we need or a striker?:what: Now if we could have both........:chill:

Comment

Working...
                              X