Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hughes was a slow starter at Fulham but

brought touch of Barcelona to the training ground

Fulham, under Hodgson, were organised with military precision. Players would come away from repetitive training sessions complaining of boredom, but readily conceding they were prepared to put up with the manager's methodical methods for as long as they brought results.

Unlike Hodgson, Hughes was not hands-on on the training pitch, leaving much of the day-to-day coaching to his close-knit backroom team of Mark Bowen, Glyn Hodges, Kevin Hitchcock and Eddie Niedzwiecki. But his methods earned him respect, even if his quiet, slightly menacing character, won little affection.

QPR's roster may be interested in what Diomansy Kamara had to say a couple of months into Hughes' reign. The striker observed: "We play more attacking football now, so for me it is better.

"There is no fault with Roy Hodgson, he did really well here, but training with Mark Hughes is better. You do more with the ball. You do more running with the ball, and you are trying to score."

Eidur Gudjohnsen went as far as to compare Fulham under Hughes to the Barcelona side for whom Hughes appeared during the late eighties. The Icelander said: "I'm sure you take things from your playing career into management. The training sessions reflect that.

"There is high intensity and possession play, that is the same as at Barcelona."

For full read click here

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ning-ground.do

I thought it was a good read and give you an understanding of how Mark Hughes like to work behind the scenes
Working...
X