When Warno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Warno

was giving all those breezy, "I just feel privileged to be at Anfield, me" interviews, do you think he realised on what thin ice he was on? Was it just a front or did he genuinely not see how we were sliding into trouble?

also, at what point do you think the board started to develop serious doubts about him?

don't suppose it really matters now, but be interested to hear your thoughts.

Reckon it was the sunderland game that broke the camels back, TF saw the lift a new manager could give to a team in a similar position to us.

Comment

Id say after the home games to Sunderland and Norwich when we lost both to late goals at home, should have had two more points at least.

Comment

I think he really did think he was untouchable after the compliments that were aimed at him after the takeover. Also think the pressure must have been mounting for weeks but he did appear to be completely oblivious to our position with all his "I thought it were a great game me!" comments. His disrespect to certain players can't have helped the situation. When have you ever heard a top manager slating one of their own players?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
          I think he really did think he was untouchable after the compliments that were aimed at him after the takeover. Also think the pressure must have been mounting for weeks but he did appear to be completely oblivious to our position with all his "I thought it were a great game me!" comments. His disrespect to certain players can't have helped the situation. When have you ever heard a top manager slating one of their own players?

What this poster said.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
            That's my pet gripe with him, he slates players in public either his own or players from other teams, no class in my eyes, and it comes back to bite you in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              That's my pet gripe with him, he slates players in public either his own or players from other teams, no class in my eyes, and it comes back to bite you in the end.
              Perhaps the 18 months tax free payout will soften the blow....

Comment

i think Tony was always going to get shot of neil,maybe end of season but found oppotunity sooner.TF seems to be enjoying his toy and wants to throw some proper cash about unlike last pair.He wants new ground and big names playing in charge of his toy.Neil was a dead man walking when he took over.
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

think it wold have been after the westbrom and slating ale . think no doubt the performances dropped after that

Comment

Seems everyone has a different moment. I'll be honest and say that although his post match interviews had been annoying me for a couple of months and I heard whispers about Zola/ Wilkins quite a while ago I didn't appreciate until the last week that he was in such serious trouble - and it seems he didn't either.

Comment

Rather naive of Warnock and staff if after 2 pts from 24 the sacking came out of the blue.Did he think that just turning up on matchdays and making up the numbers was acceptable?

Comment

Will never forget his reaction at watford right in front of the fans... Was like a kid at Christmas... Wont forget him
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

all praising and bigging up the oppo pre and post match annoyed me and seemingly in awe of Anfield etcetc.
                          like a kid in a sweet shop. lambert, for example, as much as i loathe the guy, seemed totally grounded regarding the oppo and their surroundings. As it should be.
                          definately wont get this from MH. if of course he comes.

Comment

Yeah I didn't like that, he did the same for other games like Tottenham (And that game mean't a lot to me, I hate that club)
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                            X