Mick Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Jones

Mick's God Daughter has posted on Barton's Twitter that is is absolutely gutted about being sacked. Its just the way it works in football but when it comes down to it, three decent blokes have lost their jobs. 3 blokes that until 9 games ago were doing a good job.

Sadly, football is a results businesss and between the 3 of them they weren't getting this club going and there was only one way we were heading and that was down! Now we have a slight chance!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Hate to say it but after watching on Saturday I felt the players weren't playing for the management. We never had a plan B and things have got progressively worse over the last few weeks. TF has had to make a tough decision but one that I hope will prove the correct one. We as supporters need to rally together and raise the roof against Wigan, like we did against the SC.UM!

Comment

Sympathy, but only so much. They are also paid a v large amount of money and IF what we are told is true about the professionalism - even leaving aside the more lurid suggestions - they were starting to look out of their depth with the new quality of players we were bringing in.

Comment

Comments like these about Taarabt did not help

“One way or another it’s got to come to some sort of conclusion in January, Jones told London24.com. “One of our midfielders will have to get injured for him to get into the team.

“Would we like to keep him? No, because we all know that he wants to go somewhere else, we’ve known that since the last kick of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
            Hate to say it but after watching on Saturday I felt the players weren't playing for the management. We never had a plan B and things have got progressively worse over the last few weeks. TF has had to make a tough decision but one that I hope will prove the correct one. We as supporters need to rally together and raise the roof against Wigan, like we did against the SC.UM!
            Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Sympathy, but only so much. They are also paid a v large amount of money and IF what we are told is true about the professionalism - even leaving aside the more lurid suggestions - they were starting to look out of their depth with the new quality of players we were bringing in.
            Agree with both.

Very hard decision for TF & Amit but it really did need doing. We were in freefall.

Comment

7,000 at MD and they could'nt motivate themselves for any kind of performance, something has been seriously wrong for a while, but that said I'll miss him, best of luck in everything you do Neil, you'll always be an R's legend
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                7,000 at MD and they could'nt motivate themselves for any kind of performance, something has been seriously wrong for a while, but that said I'll miss him, best of luck in everything you do Neil, you'll always be an R's legend
                Well said.

The players let NW down massively with that disgrace of a performance on Saturday, they new TF was watching and I would bet my house they had a fairly good idea of the implications of a showing like that. As ever Faurlin was the only one with any quality, he will be sorely missed.

I do feel sorry for Warnock, he performed a miracle in getting us promoted last season and some of our results achieved under him will live in my memory for years to come.

However it's done now, onwards and upwards with Hughes.

Comment

Working...
                X