Blimey - what if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blimey - what if?

Was just reading Ray Wilkins comments on Neil's sacking and at the point of him refering to the immediate dismissal of his staff which is unusual, I had this awful thought.

What if all the recent rumours regarding poor training sessions, players not happy with the way things were being done and KC and MJ alledgedly turning up for training drunk were true and Warnock was told to sort it out or get rid.

What if he refused to sack them and was told he would be sacked himself if he didn't deal with it and Warnock out of some mis guided loyalty stood by them and has now suffered the consequences?

Far fetched I know but it is Rangers after all!

Then again maybe the new manager has been agreed and he has already named his backroom staff!
    Last edited by rodman; 09-01-2012, 12:10 AM. Reason: After thought

Could be true
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Or it is just because they already know that the new manager coming in will bring his own staff.

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
        Or it is just because they already know that the new manager coming in will bring his own staff.
        Sorry zuluop, just edited my original post to include this thought before I saw your reply!

cheers.

Comment

If the rumours are true, then this could well be feasible... he would be loyal to "his" team of staff. Likewise, more likely a manager is lined up ans they always want their own people.

Comment

If they sacked them all together, then a new manager and his team are ready to come in immediately.

Comment

Interesting that the statement from the club makes reference to Warnock always being totally professional perhaps alluding others were not

Comment

I suspect the wheels were already in motion with Hughes. He has the same backroom staff with him at every club IIRC.

Comment

ive been told by someone who 'knows' someone employed within the club there are 'non results' issues that were also a factor.............this is more than likely given recent allegations!!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Interesting that the statement from the club makes reference to Warnock always being totally professional perhaps alluding others were not
                    I thought this too mate when I read it but convinced myself I was reading too much into it!
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      I think the lack of acknowledgement to the others speaks volumes! Disappointed he couldn't work it out but was definitely the right decision and time as things were going.

Comment

When a manager is sacked that usually seems to include the coaching staff he has brought with him, I thought. New managers have their own bods. Just a bit concerned if they didn't have anyone instantly ready to step in.
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                          When a manager is sacked that usually seems to include the coaching staff he has brought with him, I thought. New managers have their own bods. Just a bit concerned if they didn't have anyone instantly ready to step in.
                          it pretty much is this these days isn't it - it's easier to hire a new manager plus his team rather than just the manager nowadays...unless there's already a really good set up - which is rare because if there was, then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place...

Comment

Working...
                          X