Why protect Warnock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why protect Warnock?

I am absolutely stunned about how many people have jumped to the support of Neil Warnock after his sacking.

If they care about the club, then they'd care about the results. We are in absolutely freefall - there's no doubt about it. We are one point off the relegation places, and we've just drawn 1-1 with MK Dons with the team looking uninterested and shambolic.

But the thing that has really, really irked me all the way through the season - and I have been to a lot of games this season is that the team has consistently made the same mistakes over and over again.

Our short passing in midfield was absolutely dreadful, and our defensive mistakes led to goals on almost every occasion. And up front, Warnock's decision to play most of his games with one man up front killed us when we'd looked best - against Man City and in the second half against Spurs (in my opinion (I missed the Stoke and Newcastle games)) when we were played 4-4-2.

What angered me is that those mistakes were made week in, week out - and those mistakes simply HAD to be blamed on the manager. After all, there is training in the week, no?

Also what killed Warnock was a little thing called luck. We haven't really had any up to now. But then again, we haven't really made any of our own, either.

Onwards and upwards.

agree
    My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

Maybe some of them actually support other teams and are upset because we might possibly do better now.

Comment

our ability to retain the ball has been shocking at times this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
          Maybe some of them actually support other teams and are upset because we might possibly do better now.

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
            I am absolutely stunned about how many people have jumped to the support of Neil Warnock after his sacking.

If they care about the club, then they'd care about the results. We are in absolutely freefall - there's no doubt about it. We are one point off the relegation places, and we've just drawn 1-1 with MK Dons with the team looking uninterested and shambolic.

But the thing that has really, really irked me all the way through the season - and I have been to a lot of games this season is that the team has consistently made the same mistakes over and over again.

Our short passing in midfield was absolutely dreadful, and our defensive mistakes led to goals on almost every occasion. And up front, Warnock's decision to play most of his games with one man up front killed us when we'd looked best - against Man City and in the second half against Spurs (in my opinion (I missed the Stoke and Newcastle games)) when we were played 4-4-2.

What angered me is that those mistakes were made week in, week out - and those mistakes simply HAD to be blamed on the manager. After all, there is training in the week, no?

Also what killed Warnock was a little thing called luck. We haven't really had any up to now. But then again, we haven't really made any of our own, either.

Onwards and upwards.
            People will always jump to the defence of somebody who has given there best when they are sacked. Within the next 48hrs those same people will agree that it is probably the best decision for the club to move forward and NW had taken the team as far as he could, but let us not forget the work and turnaround he has achieved and under huge restrictions under the old regime,so lets all move forward and hope the new boss takes us onwards and upwards but not forgetting who helped us achieve these glory days once again

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              our ability to retain the ball has been shocking at times this year!!!
              Professional footballers paid an absolute fortune to pass to each other and retain possession and failing to do it - shocking revelation. That alone, is it really the manager's fault? If you say yes because it's down to what happens on the training pitch I have to disagree. Because manager's of premier league players should not have to deal with these simple basic skills of the game.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                Professional footballers paid an absolute fortune to pass to each other and retain possession and failing to do it - shocking revelation. That alone, is it really the manager's fault? If you say yes because it's down to what happens on the training pitch I have to disagree. Because manager's of premier league players should not have to deal with these simple basic skills of the game.
                Spot on

Comment

Working...
                X